Jump to content


chuckinredneck

Member Since 30 Apr 2006
Offline Last Active Jan 29 2012 02:43 PM
-----

Topics I've Started

The Freedom Runner 34 Ford Altered

28 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

Took awhile but I got the 34 Ford Altered Done and added it to my stable of Drag Cars. The base kit is the WWB "Winged Express" which was built up as instructed but then I added a few details to it like the spark plug wires and fuel lines as well as the Throttle linkage at the rear base of the injectors. The headers were drilled out, Most of the chrome peices were stripped and repainted with different shades of metal. The wheels had valve stems added to them and the rear tires are the kit tires but they were sanded to give them a better look also the I rounded up the square edges of the tires. Jimmy Flintstone supplied the 34 Ford Rat "T" body used in this build I picked it up at NNL East last year. After soaking in Westley's Bleach White for 24 hours I sanded off the drip rails, hinges and door handles and door lines were filled and I shot with a coat of Plasti-Kote Primer and the blue is Dupicolor Pre-Mixed shot through my airbrush then the dry transfer decals were put on. I shot 4 coats of clear Lacquear sanding after each coat except after the first coat. After the last coat of Clear I worked my way up to a 12,000 grit sandpaper. Then buffed it out using two cuts of polishing compound then wax. Hope you enjoy the pictures of the "Freedom Runner" 34 Ford Altered

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hope you enjoyed my build if you would like to see more picture of it during the build check them out here
http://s81.photobuck...4 Ford Altered/

Groovy Grader

27 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

A couple shots of my Groovy Grader I picked up the kit at the local flee market for $5. The decals were shot and the chrome tree was rough but all the pieces were there. I stripped the chrome from almost all the pieces then shot it with Alclad. The end of the headers was drilled out before it was treated to the Alclad. The bottom side of the body closed up with some plastic and body filler. I filled the engine block with 5 minute epoxy to give it enough weight to keep the front wheel off the ground, but then it will also set on all six wheels. To give the build a little character I added fuel lines and spark plug wires
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

34 Ford Altered

21 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

I've been working on a altered project using a Winged Express kit as the basis and a 34 Ford resin body from Jimmy Flinstone. For starters I mocked up the chassis, engine and body
Posted Image
As I detailed the engine I fitted the body to the chassis
Posted Image
I just finished up on the engine with the throttle linkage
Posted Image
I'm looking through some parts trying to locate an external oil filter