First thing is to build up the chassis, modify the front crossmember to accept the very nice flathead V8 from Revell's 50 Ford pickup (in real life, very much the same engine as used in Mercury and Ford passenger cars. This necessitated reshaping the oil pan to clear the Merc's tie rod, and then modify the exhaust manifolds to passenger car configuration and add the essential, separate "crossover" exhaust pipe connecting the left side manifold to the right side part, then adding the correct passenger car exhaust outlet at the rear of the right side manifold. The crossover pipe, along with its couplings on the manifold, and the outlet coupling were made from bits of Evergreen 3/32" styrene tubing, with bits of brass rod making the locating pins. All glue joints done with Goldberg SuperJet CA glue.
The pickup truck's transmission isn't correct for a passenger car, being a top-loader using a floor shift, and lacking the longer tailshaft housing used in passenger car installations, so it was cut off, and the rear of the bellhousing carefully filed both flat and square. I cut the transmission unit off an engine from the AMT '49 Mercury, and once filed to a flat face, glued in place with liquid plastic cement:
The chassis came in for a bit of modification to the front crossmember. I found a picture online that shows the downward-slanting areas just inboard of the upper A-arm pivot points to be boxed in, rather than open channel as done by Revell, so a couple of bits of strip styrene were stubbed in place there with CA glue, then filed to match the shape of the crossmember in those areas. A couple of bits of .080" thick strip styrene were used for the front motor mounting points. I drilled a hole in each one to accept the locating pins on the Revell engine's front cover plate, but lacked a small drill thick enough to accept those locating pins. A dental burr turned out to be the exact diameter needed, so it got chucked into my pinvise, and with a bit of rotating that, workable locating holes!
Other than possibly fabricating the extra-heavy duty oil-bath/oil wetted aircleaner (which mounted beside the carburetor) and fabricating a stock exhaust system in sections like the real thing so I can finish off and smooth down the seams down the centers of the X-member legs, the rest of this model should be straight-forward assembly.