Jump to content


mrmike

Member Since 14 Nov 2009
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 11:34 AM
-----

Posts I've Made

In Topic: 1968 Dodge Charger R/T

28 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

Thanks guys for following!

I will be following as well. Also if you have decal problems I still have decals leftover from this kit there not in full but yea.

Thanks for the offer of the decals Byron.  I doubt I'll need them, but it's good to have a back if I do.

 

I'll be following, Mike.  Do we get a story with this one?

Sorry John.  No story with this build, but I do appreciate your interest in my stories.  I am currently working on a story for a New Hampshire State Police Dodge Charger, but that may not come around until next year.

Brandon, don't give away the plot!  :o   Actually, there is no Vanishing Point story in the works.  Sorry!


In Topic: 1969 Mercury Cougar 428 SCJ

26 October 2014 - 01:59 AM

I know how you feel Carl!  It is time for the Cougar to get off the bench, but the enamel paint takes sooo long to cure and I don't really want to touch it until it has had significant time to harden..


In Topic: 1969 Mercury Cougar 428 SCJ

24 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

Thanks Brandon and Carl!  Brandon, good luck on your new projects!  I've built both kits.

 

After a bit of light polishing, I applied another coat of Testors #1628 Competition Orange.

Cougar19.jpg

Cougar20.jpg

Cougar21.jpg

I want to get this model off the bench and soon!  I just need the time to work on it!

 

More to come...


In Topic: 1966 Hurst Hemi Under Glass

24 October 2014 - 10:30 AM

Thanks guys!  I originally thought that this was a '65 Barracuda, but further research showed me that I was wrong.  It is a '66.

 

Another disaster!  I had applied decals and carefully clearcoated the body with Testors Ultragloss Clearcoat after an hour or so, I glued in the rear glass and used a pair of clothespins to hold the glass while the clear parts cement dried.  I removed the clothespins later in the day and it removed the clear and the black enamel down to the gold enamel underneath.  I sanded the spots smooth and masked the body to repaint the black enamel on the roof.

HUG25.jpg

Here's the body with the masking removed.  Looks pretty good to me.  Disaster averted.

HUG26.jpg

I painted the wheelie stand with Tamiya TS-6 Matt Black.

HUG27.jpg

 

Almost finished.  More to come...


In Topic: Complete AMT '71 Duster 340 4-bbl. engine

23 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

Sorry.  Those got used on other projects.