Jump to content


Bigjeepzz

Member Since 04 Oct 2006
Offline Last Active Feb 28 2009 02:01 PM
-----

Topics I've Started

Jeep Honcho J10

02 November 2007 - 09:49 AM

I just finished this model. I took about a month and a half to get it done. It has resin wheels, scratch built high lift jack, scratch built suspension and shocks, resin dana 60 axles with resin knuckles.

The base was built out of some green floral foam that I carved and sanded into the shape needed. I used some model train turf and ballast to cover the foam.

The mud was a combo of chalk, water, and flour mixed up. I used my dremel tool to apply the mud on the body and frame. I am happy with the results.

Thanks for looking.

Jake

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Jeep J10

07 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

I decided to start on a new build before I hit the NNL in Nov. This doesn;t give me allot of time but I should be able to pull it off.

Most of the front end is ready for paint and assembly. The front axle is a resin Dana 60 center with styrene tubes and resin knuckles. I am planning on have a flat gray paint job with black trim. I am going to scratch build a cnavas top for the back as well. The front suspension is going to be a 3 link with coil-over shocks. The rear is going to be a 4 link 1/4 eliptical. I have a long way to go and I hope to have more pics soon.

Jake

Posted Image
Posted Image

Revell Baja Bug Resin body ready!

26 September 2007 - 04:07 PM

Hey guys I finally got something positive out of the mold. They are not perfect and will require some minor touch up but overall came out good enough for me put up for sale (first body ever casted). I know there was requests for the Tamiya kit but I needed something to gain experience from first. If you would like one, please email me. I can ship within three days of receiving payment and I will work with anyone who is unhappy with the product.

Jake


A little RTV mold making problem

08 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

Well I have been trying to cast a Baja Beetle body and it will be the first body I have attempted. This is the second attempt at this and I am getting off to a rough start. I built the box for the mold and filled the body with clay so the first half could be poured. After I poured the RTV I walked away and came back an hour later. I found this mess in the dining room and the wife wasn't happy [ B)] [ :(].

I had about 16oz of RTV on the floor and all over the table. These pics are after the clean up so you can see the mess it made. I am going to let the stuff cure then pull the rubber up. I was able to scrap alot of it up and use it for some other molds I was making so it is not a complete loss. Enjoy the pics and hope this dosen't happen to you.

I should be able to salvage what ever cures in the box and pick up from there. Hopefully everything works out in the end. I firgure this was a $30 - $40 mistake.

Jake

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Lifted Range Rover

15 July 2007 - 05:21 PM

I pulled this one out of the closet and decided it was ready to be built. I am going to be lifting the model to make room for the Swampers and I am building a roof rack. I am keeping the factory wheels on this one and I don't want to get really fancy with it.

Jake

Posted Image

Posted Image