Jump to content


Member Since 27 Dec 2010
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 06:53 PM

Topics I've Started

First completed 2015 build - injected 1932 Ford

01 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

I have built a variation of Revell's '32 Fords each year for the last 8 or 9 years.  Started this kit over the holidays, but didn't quite finish it before the year end.  The 5-window body style was fitted to the chassis/running gear of the Stacey David roadster, finished in Testor's Lime Ice.  Radir wheels are from the '64 Thunderbolt kit with parts box tyres and an MCG photoetch grill replaces the kit piece.  The injection system is an ebay purchase, with a resin manifold and gorgeous metal tubes for the stacks.  If anyone knows the manufacturer, please let me know.  On to the pictures...





My 2014 builds

24 December 2014 - 01:44 PM

Numbers down a little this year, but some enjoyable builds bookended by Mustangs, appropriately in the year of the horse.









Shirley Shahan 1968 Dodge

08 November 2014 - 12:20 PM

I've been sitting on the Slixx decals for some time now, finally got around to applying some paint to the Revell '68 Dart kit, here's how it looks fresh from the paint booth, just a little touch up required...Paint is Tamiya Pure White and Racing Blue





Zakspeed Ford capri

03 November 2014 - 08:33 PM

Tamiya kit, Tamiya rattle can Gloss Black, kit decals printed by Cartograph.  This is an old, formerly motorised kit that was re-issued about six years ago.  The one-piece body is beautifully molded and the kit goes together well but is rather simplified.  However, it looks stunning with the multicoloured paint scheme. I added some masking tape seatbelts for a bit of detail.  The real cars produced a whopping 375hp from only 91 cubes, that's over 4hp per cubic inch!









Ford Capri - Zakspeed

18 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

Tamiya kit, re-issued about 7 years ago with Cartograph decals.  Being an older kit, not much detail underneath but offset by this beautiful one-piece body moulding.  For the first time ever, I didn't use primer and sprayed Tamiya Gloss Black straight onto the bare body.  A mist coat followed by two wet coats produced this finish, no sanding necessary other than a couple of dust bunnies after the first wet coat :blink: (another first LOL).  Many hours of decalling later I have reached this stage....for some reason it took about 5 minutes in the water before the decals would slide off the sheet :huh: