Jump to content


HOLMES55

Member Since 12 Jul 2011
Offline Last Active Today, 11:22 AM
-----

Topics I've Started

Painting torque thrust rims

10 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

I have these chrome torque thrust rims from the 1968 Bullit mustang kit that I wanted to paint the spokes gray for the magnesium look.

I have seen other models with spokes painted and wanted to know other peoples technique to paint their rims. I prefer masking tape

and spray paint but it seems like it might be easier to brush paint them. When I brush paint sometimes you can see the brush marks.

Attached File  Torque Thrust2.jpg   17.44KB   2 downloads

Attached File  Torque Thrust1.jpg   31.4KB   2 downloads


1941 willys Pickup

05 May 2014 - 07:32 AM

Here is the kit I started with

Attached File  41w7118r.jpg   55.42KB   3 downloads

The front end was too low and the wheels sat back to far. I raised the front end and moved the wheels forward.

The rear differential was mounted to quarter elliptical springs and did not look sturdy enough so I replaced them

with leaf springs.

I took a lot of the chrome off and used model masters metalizer paints. This was the first time I have used them

and noticed if you put primer under them they didn't buff out much and work better spraying over the bare plastic.

Here is the motor/chassis:

Attached File  100_4231.JPG   87.78KB   1 downloadsAttached File  100_4233.JPG   96.75KB   0 downloadsAttached File  100_4234.JPG   97.54KB   0 downloads

I did get the doors to line up fairly well

Attached File  100_4238.JPG   98.62KB   0 downloadsAttached File  100_4239.JPG   117.05KB   0 downloads

The tires are 2 piece type but I used them anyway

Attached File  100_4250.JPG   86.76KB   0 downloadsAttached File  100_4241.JPG   95.69KB   0 downloads

Attached File  100_4242.JPG   81.46KB   0 downloadsAttached File  100_4243.JPG   86.69KB   0 downloads

Attached File  100_4244.JPG   92.17KB   0 downloadsAttached File  100_4246.JPG   92.17KB   0 downloads


1955 F100 Street Rod

18 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Just finished this Revell Ford F100 Street Rod. Some of the things I added that were a first for me was the Wood Bed and the Coil springs on the rear shock absorbers. I removed the stock gas tank from the frame and relocated Mustang gas tank between the frame rails in the rear. I also removed the chrome from the front and rear bumpers to do some clean up work to the front and ended up painting them the same color as the body. This was the first time I used Lacquer paint and was real happy with the results.

 

Attached File  1955 F100 015.JPG   101.45KB   0 downloads    Attached File  1955 F100 016.JPG   95.41KB   0 downloads

Attached File  1955 F100 006.JPG   95.65KB   0 downloads    Attached File  1955 F100 017.JPG   106.34KB   0 downloads

Attached File  1955 F100 008.JPG   136.15KB   0 downloads    Attached File  1955 F100 012.JPG   100.51KB   0 downloads

Attached File  1955 F100 018.JPG   115.96KB   0 downloads    Attached File  1955 F100 020.JPG   104.07KB   0 downloads