Jump to content


Mad Modeler

Member Since 14 Mar 2006
Offline Last Active Apr 19 2014 06:32 PM
-----

Topics I've Started

Hey everyone...

26 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

I'm not a new guy but haven't spent much time here. I'd like to change that if there are no objections. I think I'd prefer a place where I can pick and choose what I want to look at. Sure you've heard it all before.

Anyways, like my sig says, my name is Tony and I live in Virginia. I've been building about six years and my build times don't exactly set the world on fire. I've been struggling with a couple of 'Cuda builds for the last several months and want nothing more than to be done with them and move on. That sublime green plastic has been giving me fits. lol But, for what it's worth, when they're done you'll be the first to see them.

I'll do my best to be a responsible, helpful participant although I don't normally talk a lot. I just want to look at this as a fresh start, I hope you will too.

Get The Lead Out...

19 January 2008 - 08:24 PM

I haven't posted anything here in a while. Some of you probably saw this on another board earlier this week. I was undecided about showing it here but I see other folks doing it so, what the heck, I thought I'd crossover...

So, the paint is good ol' Testors enamels. I used Boyds Lime Pearl and mixed in quite a few drops of Aluma Coupe Yellow Pearl and a few more drops of Bright Green Pearl and this is what I ended up with. I mixed a couple of the small bottles of Testors Lime Gold, let the pigment settle and drained off the carrier to tint Testors Gloss Clear enamel for a little candy. Interior is white pearl nail polish with black flocking. Sorry, didn't take any pictures of the interior before assembly. Mixed some Tamiya Clear Orange and Silver for the engine and accent colors. The chassis is painted with several different shades of nail polish. Radiator, mount, exhaust are different Alclads.

Applied a few custom touches of my own. Filled in the front turn signal holes and did without. Rounded the rear hood corners and filled in the gaps/holes behind the hood/firewall. Cut out the battery and smoothed the inner fenders and firewall. Frenched an antenna in the front fender. Made a couple *bullets* to replace the windshield wipers. Shaved the drip rails. Scratched some smooth wheel skirts. Used the turn signal lens from the Poncho grill for tail lights. Lowered it as much as I could. The hubcaps are from the AMT 57 300C Custom kit. Still needs a tag, undecided on what to name it...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A couple of things were left undone and others I'd do differently the next time around but there she is. Hope you like it
Tony