I used the very few pictures of the real car and of course the more detailed ones from the restored car (below), but for the measurements, i figured it bolting at the same place on the frame rails as the stock subframe but without excceding too much under the car for aerodynamics!! And i made it with Evergreen square strips of various sizes. The lack of the original car references makes this project a bit difficult, and leaves me a challenging scratchbuilding process at the same time!! But it's really a fun build fo me... Thank's for the comment!
Here's a few progress on my Charger. Having been through a few problems on the way, and on trip to NNL East last week, have slowed the progress a bit, but it's still going on nicely!! I have done the front fendrers flaring to fit the big tires, with LOTS of work and putty. I made a contour with evergreen styrene strips followed by Tamiya putty, and lots of 320 sanding of course. My front suspension is almost completed, only remains to do the schoks with their support on the tube chassis. I've had problems with the roll cage, since it was interferring with the body Inside at the top of the windshield, i'm correcting it now! I've also done the recess on the rear quarter panel for the gas cap and the front spoiler that has been modified from the kit supplied stock.. More to come!
For what i saw a NNl East, the new kit have stock 1970 seats in front and the inside door panels are correct for stock version! And the grille has closed hideaway headlights, unlike the die-cast version... The wheels are not the same too, the rear are wider with more accurate looking slicks!. It's clearly a new tool.. And M. Sexton told me that the stock version is coming too! Can't wait to see it!
Here's a little update on my build!! i'm adjusting the Wheel openings, the rear portion has been done, i will now work on the front ones, because wheel sit too forward ... I made a slight flaring on the rear Wheel openings, just like the real car, now these large tires fits just perfect. I also smoothed all this putty work, and now being ready for final touch before primer, it's a bit challenging, but i like it a lot! The Hemi engine will come later. I'm now planning to build the cold air inlet from the nose cone to the radiator, i've made my template from nose cone interior with a contour gauge. Now it's time to scrape plastic... Again!! By the way, the good looking roll cage came from a Polar Lights Torino, it fits the Charger perfectly with very minimal modifications.. See ya!
Yes, these decals are awesome, very nice quality and Mike is really devoted to the hobby!! By the way, my build is based partially on this restored version pictures, there's a lot of them on the web site, that's really helpful!! Can't wait to lay the red paint over it!! My wheels are from Plastic Performance Products, another very high quality product!!