thnx gene , tried it but it looked weird , something thick looks horrible and even worse then thin rods ..
but ... i was braining about headers .. i sanded more shape in the chassis , limited space .. how to make headers .. tried several styrene rods .. hmmmm , did a test with the brass wire i used for the window mildings .. way way to thin but bending that in shapes worked great . then i saw my roll of solder tin wire ... and tried that .. hmmm its very flimsy but the pro is its so easely bendable ... i bended a header , just simple as a test .. not what i want .. and tried to superglue the tin wires ... first sanded the wire , then bend and then superglued .. and whow it stuck and good ... so after it was hard and dry i tried to bend the 4 wires together and it was quite stirdy .. ot like it will bend over time or.. you can even finetune the bends after glueing all the rods together ... the plan is to make nice flowing and good looking shapes and use aly tubing and make a collector out of that .. if i stretch it a bit the 4 pipes fit and i might even be able to bend then around the pipes to get the indentations
so here is the test header , dont look at the shape i just made something simple
a piece of the alu tubing next to it (they are not in the alu pipe)
so i'm quite happy with the result ..i want to make some headers this weekend when i have all the time to tinker with them and in daylight .. now when the 4 rods are together i like the thickness .. again not a massive amount of room and maybe on a model going for thick pipes it might look out of scale ?? i do want to try nd make some sleeves to make then thicker where they are separate pipes and where they sit on the engine ... the plate they sit on i want to make from alu sheet
thnx guys and gene .. yes ...hmm but like said i figured with the beefy leaf springs , shocks it would be more of a extra .. i have an idea , cant get the pins out glued with superglue , but if i would use the right ball point penn filling wich is hollow , and the right thickness .. cut it open in length i could push it over the steel rods and glue in place , the cut seem at the bottom you might not see that .. will get back to that
made some brackets on the rear axle .. and a side support between the chassis , put 2 bars between those ..
now i kind of winged it on this .. old style ladderbars didnt fit the set up really ... maybe the bars are a bot thin .. i tried thick bars but that made it kind of too beefy .. so i hope it kind of makes sense ? now the leaf springs are from the charger kit .. those are quite large and beefy .. fitted best with what i had .. then i have added 2 shocks so i figured the bars could be thinnen and more like extra bracing to keep it in line ?
thnx dave , well i discovered a small gap on the a pillars .. you have to look in a angle but .. but i think if i put some plastic on the inside of the a pillars it will fit perfect .. and well i will have to make this work
whell that went bad quick .. i made a plate against the glass to glue on the inside of the roof, managed to avoid glue marks only one small thing on the top edge and since i wanted it perfect i made a window banner from the decal that gos on the rear end .. at that point i wanted to spray clear over it but the plate i made broke off ...
after a few attempts i gave up and cut a new window out of a nother window , didnt want to use that earlyer because the material was superthin .. managed to cut it to size without breaking . then when sanding the edges it broke anyway ....
last option was a window i had from a chevy ss .. now that was something i got for free , very incomplete but i have the body , hood , bumpers and glass .. so i wanted to make something out of that in the future ... but now i had to use the glass from that .. now scary it fitted like it was made for the charger .. even the side windows ... again scary .. it was a poor cast .. glass was clear but lots of flash on the edges ..
after a good clean up it came out nice , side windows sit perfect .. now the thickness is a bit hmmmm .. but i'm going to make a window pillar from brass so that will hide the fact the side glass looks thick
windows ...... i just cut a rear window out of a ferrari rear window , keeping those vent like things .. i think it looks cool
did some final shaping on the edges on the front window , this one is cut out of bmw windscreen
now downside is ...i have a tiny edge on both the front and back window for gluing it in place ... and this after primer and paint , so not sure how i'm going to get the glass in and keep it looking crisp ....hmmmmmm