ultraspacemobile added a topic in Generalmodelling research projectGreetings fellow modellers,
I am a graduate student at the University of North Texas and a modeller. As a design student, I am interested in studying modelling as an activity, especially with regard to the differences between modellers interested in reproducing existing objects and those interested in kitbashing etc. for the purposes of creating something new out of their imaginations. I am currently doing a study on this difference, and would be much appreciative of anyone in this community who would be willing to answer a few questions. If you are interested, answer the following in response to this thread:
Model-making methods and processes: a hermeneutic research project
Please answer the following questions in your own words:
1. What is a model kit?
2. What activities (e.g. painting, sanding, burnishing) do you associate with modelling?
3. Do you follow instructions when building a model?
4. How skilled are you at modelling?
5. What are kit conversions? Have you ever done a kit conversion?
6. What is kitbashing? Have you ever kitbashed?
7. What is the object of model-making? What is the end product?
All material included in the research report will be anonymous.
Thank you very much for your time & best wishes
- 41 replies
- 2,222 views