Thanks JT. Some good ideas for sure. I'm trying to fill it with some left over paint and then wet sand it. And then fill again and wet sand again.Repeat over and over again. If that fails plan "B". What ever that is.
I have a small update to show. I have the sleeper doors hinged and installed on the sleeper. The sleeper interior is now installed as well. You sure don't see much through the doors. I ended up knocking the sleeper over on it's side hitting something and putting a nice gouge in the paint down to the body filler. "Surprise, Surprise" It is sure turning into a make work project.
I should have painted the whole truck orange. At least JT could have got me some touch up paint.
Thanks again everyone for all your comments. With the exhaust in place now I needed to build some cab mount pipe mounts and pipe straps. Before I painted the truck I should have removed the old cab mounts for the stacks which would have been a good idea. Well we all know that glue will not stick to paint so I needed to remove some paint from the cab to make it work.
I made up some new cab mounts and straps to go over the existing mounts. I made the pipe mounts a little longer so I can fit the pipes and then trim off what I don't need.
When I made the cab pipe mounts I made a key way in them to fit over the existing squares that were there.
They fit quite nicely and getting the glue to stick will not be a problem. They are now chromed and ready to be installed.
I did run into another problem. I ended up handling the cab like a young excited boy and ended up cracking the drivers side door visor. I really have my work cut out for me now trying to fix it without having paint issues. The work continues. Thanks Ken.