Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

da Speedinger

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About da Speedinger

  • Rank
    MCM Friend

Previous Fields

  • Are You Human?
  • Scale I Build

Profile Information

  • Location
  • Full Name
    Michi Frühschütz

Contact Methods

  • Facebook

Recent Profile Visitors

2,372 profile views
  1. not when you're based in europe: engine $3, shipping $14
  2. I followed this procedure and i am pleased with the results.
  3. Thank you, Rob. Curbside, no engine in this revell McLaren. But i opened and hinged the doors to offer a sight on the interior, where you can spot a rollcage and a pair of very cool scratch built Kirkey lightweight racing seats.
  4. Time to share what I'm working on currently: a 1/25 replica of Becks Kustoms F132 from the computer game Need4Speed Payback, which is a kithbash of a '32 Ford 3window coupe and a Formula1 race car. Here's the boxart of the 2 kits i have chosen for my build: I plan to paint it like this one: Therefore i'll call her RB32. And this is how far i'm at the moment:
  5. I'd like to introduce the project i'm currently working on: I'm using the body parts from a Tamiya RG250 Walter Wolf and the frame from a Tamiya RG250, all off ebay. I thought they would match without issues, but i had to make them fit. Also the frame needed some extra support to compensate the lack of stability due to missing engine and swingarm. And some facing made from sheet styrene to prevent see through. The jet engine is made from 1/24 car rims and 1/8 motorcycle headlights and some styrene. I won't build the full engine, just the visible parts. So it will be sort of a curbside, or a fake if you prefer. This is how far i am at the moment:
  6. These tiny pills come good, eh?
  7. Many years ago i built a scale 1/12 Honda V5 RC211V MotoGP engine just for display purpose that was left over after a project. It was sitting on my shelf and i decided i wanted to make something else with it. After some Web research i found what i wanted to make: I ran through my parts boxes and found out i had what i needed, what was missing had to be built from scratch. My first attempt for the rear wheels was also to build them from scratch, but i failed to make them a perfect circle. So a buddy of mine had to fire up his 3D printer and make me some: The engine had to loose its rear cylinder bank in order not to grill the rider with its hot exhausts and also to make room for a fuel tank. A front and rear subframe was built from scratch to hold the fork, radiator, seat and rear axle: After making all the parts i was looking for a nice retro colour scheme which i found in this Honda CX500 Street Tracker by Kingston Custom: And here is the result, i hope you like my sense of madness:
  8. Thanks a lot for you kind words, guys! The trike is mostly done by now, i can start with painting soon.
  9. just to clarify which motorcycle we're talking about Honda Hawk Honda Nighthawk
  10. Very true, but i can spot the mistakes i made. I couldn't find a kit, so i had to go the tough way.
  11. Jap, it turned out a bit square ...
  12. It's a Tamiya Mini, in the link above the picture you can find out which one.
  • Create New...