Gary, I have a Rambler bumper I can Part with. Do you need any of the other chrome parts to finish your project? I have a Testors Pro Street version that I bought mainly for the engine. Regards Brian Fedoroff
I took the image of the real car and overlayed it on the scoop on your model.
These are taken at different angles, but hopefully this helps:
Looking down at the top of the rear fender, the fender shouldn't get much narrower between the wheel well and the scoop. Hopefully you can see how much I painted on the top of the fender to make the scoop fit. The faint edge of your fender can be made out, cutting through the middle of where the scoop opening needs to be.
Also, the opening of the scoop looks to be about as high as it is wide - you need to extend the opening further down, like here:
I probably went a little too far but I think you get the idea.
Nice work so far Ed, but the side scoop openings on the rear fenders need to be re-shaped. The top edge is almost a horizontal line, while the outer edge is almost a vertical line, like a Lola T-70 scoop. The rear fender doesn't really change shape much where the scoop is formed.
I just print decals with an ALPS printer and a chrome foil cartridge. It is a thousand times easier than trying to use BMF. Plus, if you want to have the emblem on top of woodgrain, like on a wagon, I don't know of any other method. Here is a Renault Alpine I did - The A-L-P-I-N-E letters are a decal: