The Report function of the forum works well. If you see someone acting up, acting out, or just being an okole, use the Report function. It works! I have it set up so it not only sends me an email, but that email is then marked with a flag, and get's put to the top of my email list. I will try to access/look at the report/topic as soon as possible, but remember, I'm on a six hour time delay, and other mods not only have a life, but a real job as well. k den
Hello everyone The recent MPC WWII Jeep reissue has five of them: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/c_JQdMe1NvM/maxresdefault.jpg
And two can also be found in the recent reissue of MPC's 1978 Pacer (optional rear tires for the rally version): https://adamrehorn.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/pacer-oob-004.jpg As a kid, I built an MPC 1976 or 1977 Pacer, and it also had them.
Finally, IIRC, the MPC Cooter's Tow Truck had 4 of 'em on the back in a duallie setup.
I bought this exact kit in the mid 90s from a LHS that specialized in original, sealed kits. Mine was moulded in orange. Bashed it with a Monogram 1970 Boss 429 to create a slammed, proto-pro-touring racer, heh.
Thanks everyone for your awesome encouragement; you all rock my world! I've refined my initial concept, and come up with a name. Here's a more concrete vision of where this baby is going. Been an insane week; aiming to get more progress done ASAP.
Spread the body apart at the rear, and spread it further apart at the front to clear the engines, while creating a wider grille opening. Tacked the left and right halves together using styrene strip. Next up, filling in the roof and hood with styrene sheet, then slicing off the trunk and repositioning it to create the hunchback. Still working on the revised sideview mockup. Coming soon.
I've created some basic hood sides from .020 styrene sheet, and mated them to the hood tops. To ensure proper vertical alignment, I taped the grille shell in place. Now, I'll split the hood and body down the middle, tape the left halves and right halves together, wrap them around the engines, then trace out a frame pattern. Also, hoping to finish the revised Photoshop side view mockup ASAP.
Hello everyone I noticed the middle passenger side window was too wide, so I risked taking a super-thin slice out of the body (A). That delicate cut ended up working out OK, and also straightened out the misaligned rear valence (B). I've rethought the hunchback trunk cuts, which I now think can be done by simply hacking out a horizontal slice from the rear window/sides, and pushing the trunk up (C). Hope this works. Hey, misterNNL, I totally overlooked the necessity of a beefy frame. I was prepared to start with the kit-supplied rails, but now you've inspired me to create something thick and meaty, from scratch. Thanks! Ha ha, mod3l Lover, yes, that would be total badassery. I have the 1/25 Revell Peterbilt 359 that I would LOVE to gut for this thing, but I already have plans for it. Photoshop mockup attached. I hope I can get to this some day.
Since I want the Hemis enveloped by the bodywork, the new double-length hood will provide the depth, but not the width. Going to widen the body, spread it apart more at the front, widen the grille, and rework the cowl area to clear the engines. Seriously considering massive headers exiting the hood sides, and/or hardcore induction setup sticking out the top. NEXT UP: More refined Photoshop side view mockup; I've got a few new ideas I'd like to explore.
Thanks everyone for your continued interest and support! Sliced one hood down the middle, spread it apart, and mated it to the back of the other. Joined both baby moons to make a mega moon. Here are the wheels and tires I'll be using for this baby. Hey, 68shortfleet, I love your half-window dragster idea. Bicycle wheels up front, fat stacks on a blower, and with a top chop, it would be a quarter-mile quarter-window, heh.
Thank you, mod3l Lover. If this beast turns out, let's build a real one in your garage, heh. Bodies are hacked up and ready for grafting. Body 2 needs to be widened, and once the halves are mated to Body 1's front section, I'll hack some more and graft on a wider "hunchback" trunk. Also did more engine buildup. Been looking through the parts box, hoping to come up with a truly badass induction system.
Wow, thanks so much everyone for your enthusiasm and support. Feedback/criticism is greatly welcomed. I sure could use it! I've built the engines up a bit, smoothed out the tranny seams, and started hacking up the two bodies. This rough Photoshop approximates the main cuts to get the overall shape. NEXT UP: Widening the body, planning out the hood length, nailing engine position, and creating an all-new frame.