bestbalsakits added a post in a topic What do you wish was available in large scale kits?
bestbalsakits added a topic in Welcome! Introduce Yourselfnew in townHi guys,
i'm Wim. Car enthousiast since 40+ years.
I like closed wheel race cars better than open ones. 60-70's era preferably. And as kit, it should be big, so anything smaller than 1/12 will have hard time to convince me. Which leaves me with some tamiya's, few doyusha/otaki/entex kits...
I'm not really a builder, as i hate working with paint, and found out that i can't reach half of the finish some other builders manage. So, in stead of building, i develop & sell through my online modeling web shop.
Untill now, I brought onto market 15 decal sheets for 1/12 cars (porsche 934, 935, lola mkIII t70, GT40 etc). Set nr 16, the wrangler porsche 934 from Silverstone 6Hrs 1978, is @ printers and will become available in few weeks.
I also made some transkits & other parts for big scale:
- James Hunt helmet (1/8, 1/12, 1/20), built by Francis Moereels (belgium)
- HRE rims to fit Tamiya's 1/12 Enzo
- transkit to transfer tamiya 1/12 lola mkiii into 1969 Sunoco mkiiib Daytona 24Hr winner (including decals, resin parts, machined aluminim parts, white metal parts, photo etch detail sheet)
The kit as built by David Sorensen (Hawaii)
- body transkit to transfer tamiya 1/12 lola mkiii into aston martin nr11 entry to the 1967 Le Mans race (including decals, resin parts, machined aluminim parts, white metal parts, photo etch detail sheet)
- i have the aston martin project 218 engine in 1/12 scale @ casters right now (90 resin parts, 20+ aluminum machined parts, 200+ metal simulated bolts/nuts/nuts&stud), so should become available for sale in 8-12 weeks.
screenshot of 3D animated building manual (manual also available non-animated)
Next on 'to do' shelve:
- decal sheet with only dash gauges (temp, oil, rev, speedo etc), probably 1/8, 1/12. Maybe 1/18 and or 1/20 too
- transkit to transfer tamiya 1/12 datsun 240 into camel pace/bob sharp car. Only have gathered info. Will only start this in few weeks/months - waiting for my personal 3D printer right now.
- transparts to fit tamiya's 934 & 935 porsches. Not really sure what i'll do, but probably some front/rear spoilers so kits can be adapted to K3 or such.
So, quite busy myself.
I look forward to see some of your builds. Seems that plenty of extraordinay builds are up, so it'll take some time before i get through all these.
- 6 replies
- 932 views