The Report function of the forum works well. If you see someone acting up, acting out, or just being an okole, use the Report function. It works! I have it set up so it not only sends me an email, but that email is then marked with a flag, and get's put to the top of my email list. I will try to access/look at the report/topic as soon as possible, but remember, I'm on a six hour time delay, and other mods not only have a life, but a real job as well. k den
I didn't do a rear seat delete but I cut out the molded-in seat on a '56 T-bird, and you are correct that it is a challenge. One thing to make sure of is that you account for all of the chassis contours. I had to cut an entire section out and then create a new one using sheet styrene. If you have any parts box interiors without a rear seat I suggest seeing if the rear section can be used. I also did a quick search on roll bars for your car and I see that a lot of them don't have straight bars but curve around the seat. Well, good luck. Btw, what engine are you planning on running?
Well, after grinding the wheel wells and then mocking things up I realized that this build isn't going to happen. The vacuformed windshield would not fit with the dash installed. I don't see how this body would ever fit on a styrene kit unless everything was custom built to fit. So I'm changing my entry to the 2006 Camaro Concept. I bought it years ago when I first got back into models and lots of parts are missing including the engine. It will be wide-body as well, but I'm not sure if I'll still go with the V-12, as the XLR front end was longer and I felt it could accommodate the longer engine. I could use the Corvette engine since I'll be using a lot of those parts that would have gone on the XLR. Oh well. That's why I got started early to see if the XLR could be built. I think its going to be in the next 4th of July firecracker demonstration that the local kids give. They'll get a kick out of seeing it blow to pieces. Here's my new kit.
Hey All. I finally got my 12 cylinder LS engine from Clearly Scale. Here it is washed and getting ready for cleaning up what little excess material remains and squaring things up. Ran into a problem with the body/chassis fit though. Even though the kit is one of those that JF recommends, the wheelbases don't line up. When I eyeballed it without the tires things looked okay, but when I mocked the wheels up things don't look so alright. The wheelbase of the Vette is shorter than that of the off-scale XLR. I'm trying to decide now on trying to alter the wheelbase of the chassis, or adjusting the body. Which makes sense because I'm using flares anyway, I just don't know if it will make it look like an AWB or something. Oh well, press on.