RadialDragon added a topic in NASCARFord Based Stock Car Engines?Do they exist? What CI is the motor based on? Would the intake be compatible with 302CI or 351 CI ford engine from other models? I have looked for a Ford Stock car engine but only seem to be able to find GM and Dodge Based engines...
- 2 replies
- 537 views
RadialDragon added a topic in GeneralEngine sourcesWas thinking we could get an engine source list going. The idea is to post actual Models that are worth their price just for the engines. Some resin engine kits can be pricey and sometimes cost even more then an entire model. What kits are a good option for a hot motor with good detail? This could help other modelers like me that have been out of the scene for a while... Whenever a new suggestion is posted I will update the list
One model I have found to fit the drag racing type builds is the 'Revell' "1955 Jukebox Ford" kit. You can build the motor as either the Ford or Chevy version ( has 2 different intake manifolds) and the detail and fit and finish of the engine impressed me..
Listed kits - the engine
(1) Revell '55 Jukebox Ford - Dual Carb BBF or BBC
(2) '39 Wagon Rod - Chevrolet LT5, double-overhead cammer.
(3) Revell '50 Ford pick-up - Ardun Flat Head
(4) Revell '32 sedan - Flat head
(5) AMT 1960 Starliner - 352 FE "The Retro issue from Round2 has two complete engines !"
(6) AMT Catalina - 421 Pontiac
(7) The old 1953 F-100 - De Soto Firedome
(8) AMT's Double Dragster - Hemi with options for eight single-bbl carbs, fuel injection, or a belt-driven blower, and two small block Chevies, with fuel injection or crank mounted blowers. The SBCs have parts to join them in tandem or side-by-side.
(9) AMT 1941 Plymouth - flathead six!
(10) Lindberg 1964 Plymouth and Dodge - slant six.
(11) AMT '71 Duster - small block
(12) AMT/Ertl 1957 Chrysler 300C - 392 hemi and 3-speed TorqueFlite A488 automatic transmission.
(13) The Revell Anglia and Thames panel - injected Oldsmobiles (303 to 394 (1949-1963).
(14) The original Revell StoneWoodsCook Willys - Olds 303-394 CI, top-blown with a GMC 6-71.
(15) The Revell Orange Crate -Olds 303-394 CI,front-blown with a Potvin-style drive .
(16) (first version, NOT BB2) Revell Ed Roth Beatnik Bandit - Olds 303-394 CI, top-blown with a 4-71 and multiple carbs.
(17) Revell Mickey Thompson Challenger - 4, top-blown (6-71) Pontiacs
(18) Revell Tommy Ivo Showboat - 4 injected Buick nailheads.
(19) Revell Miss Deal Studebaker funny-car - top-blown Chrysler early "FirePower" Hemi 331ci, 354ci, 392ci.
(20) Revell '32 ford 5-window coupe - Hemi
(21) The Revell Ed Roth Mysterion - TWO Ford 406 /427 FE engines with multi-carb intakes.
(22) The Revell parts-pack engines - The Ford 427FE (top-blown 6-71), smallblock Chevy(front-blown Potvin style), Pontiac (again top-blown 6-71), Cadillac (wrongly labeled a 354 but in reality a 331-365-390) which comes with a multi-carb setup, (23) The AMT parts-pack engines - smallblock Chevy, Pontiac, Chrysler firepower and Corvair, Allison 1710 cu.in. WWII aircraft engine (23) The later-tool AMT 1960 Chevrolet C10 - 6 cylinder engine
(24) The MPC Bronco - SBF (25) AMT Econoline "Vantom/Phantom". - SBF
(26) AMT 62 Thunderbird - Ford 390 CI FE (27) Revell 56 F-100 - Y-block (28) '68/'69 Revell Charger and Daytona's - 440 CI Mopar (29) Revell C6, Z06, and ZR1 Corvettes and the 2002(Auto trans) and 2010 Camaro(T-56 Trans) - Various LS Based engines (ZR1 is supercharged) (30) Revell 41 willys s/r or gasser - 392 hemi, top blown 671,
(31) AMT 33 willy - blown Ford 427 cammer
(32) Monogram/Revell's '59 Cadillac (excellent 390 Cadillac V8 w/ tri-power intake and all engine accessories)
(33) Revell's '40 Ford - both Standard coupe & Deluxe convertible (flathead V8-85 engine & trans - and, street rod releases of both, incl speed parts for the flathead)
(34) Revell's '48 Ford station wagon, chopped coupe, and convertible (flathead V8-85 engines & trans - and, street rod releases of the convertible incl speed parts for the flathead, as does the chopped coupe, but the coupe only has speed parts, and cannot be built stock)
(35) Monogram Pro-Modeler labeled kits of the above '40 & '48 Ford kits (same tooling as Revell)
(36) AMT's '66 Buick Riviera (nice nailhead V8 w/ all engine accessories for a stock 425 cu in engine)
(37) AMT's newer-tooling version of their '57 Chevy Bel Air hardtop - the release w/ the opening trunk - (very accurate 283 cu in small block Chevy V8)
(38) AMT's '57 Chrysler 300 C (excellent early 392 cu in Hemi V8 w/ all engine accessories for a stock engine)
(39) Moebius' '55 Chrysler C300 (excellent early 331 cu in Hemi V8 w/ all engine accessories for a stock engine; expect their '56 300B will have the same parts to depict a 354 cu in engine)
(40) Moebius' '53 Hudson (excellent inline flathead 6 w/ dual carbs)
(41) Revell's '50 Olds coupe (excellent early 303 cu in Olds V8, and the just released custom version adds some speed parts for that engine
(42) Revell's '57 Ford Custom 2-door sedan (excellent 312 cu in Y-block V8; and, there's a supercharged F Code 312 engine in the Fireball Robert's stock car release of same basic kit)
(43) Monogram/Revell's '59 & '60 Impala coupes & convertibles (excellent 348 cu in 'W-motor' V8 w/ all engine accessories, incl tri-power intakes, for a stock engine)
(44) AMT's parts packs (small block 283 small block Chevy, 421 Pontiac, early Chrysler 392? hemi, and early model CorvaIr (incl most parts for Turbo'd version) - all are hot-rodded engines w/ multiple speed parts & trans, but the Corvair lacks some pieces like sheet metal shrouds, the air cleaner's housing for Turbo version, and does not include a trans)
(45) AMT's Allison V12 - excellent aircraft V12 engine that is found in their 'drag racing parts pack', as a much earlier Parts Pack for the engine only, and in their Allison-engined Thunderbird drag car)
(46) Revell's engine only Parts packs (Cadillac 331 V8, Ford 427 V8, Pontiac, 421 V8, and Chevy 283 small block V8 - all are completely chrome-plated and have multiple speed parts options)
- 57 replies
- 3,966 views