Thank you Dave,and John. The front and grille has been been modified to get a better lights on it. I have drilled out the lamp reflectors ,but i will use the kits lenses. I Have used some rivets that i found in a hobby shop for artists,and the rivets are actually for clothes. But if you put some bare-metal in the concave side,you have a good reflector for the headlights.
Hello, Thank you Carl and Ray. I have some new pictures from the assembly of the engine. I have paint the valve covers in the same color as the body,and the put a decal on it. Mostly parts comes alive when you have paint,decals and some detail on it. When you test fit a unpainted plastic part on a started build it is difficult to see how it is gonna be, i´ll think the composition are getting better. The radiator are scratch built from evergreen,and a photoetched mesh,but i had to place it,i´ll think,ten times in different positions before i could get the front on as i wanted it. It was very tuff to get it right,because i have no space left in the engine room.
Here you see the Carbs mounted with some fuel lines and linkage. also you can see the oilfilter that had get a decal on it.
Here you see the sparkplug wiring and also a photo-etched fan with some boltheads on . And the front wheels are just mocked-up in this picture,just for the photo. You can also see the scratch built radiator with a needle in some mounting holes,
The Front wheel is importend to have on the chassie when you working with the radiator fit,just to see that the body front sits in it right place when youre done.
And Yes!!! here it is mounted. it dont looks so difficult when you look at it in these pictures,because it is only two pins that the radiator are mounted on from the chassis. But it was,very tricky to get it right,so i also could get the front on.
This is from above.
Here is the front struts and wheels mounted/fixed. Guys, I hope you enjoy the pictures,and to next time. Happy modelling. Questions and comments are always welcome.
Thanks Paul, This is the painted doors,front,hood and trunk lid. And all panellines are better for the eye when all body parts have the same color. And it turned out pretty good, exactly the same color.
Thank you, Dave and John. -John, i have to build a small scratch build radiator. I have already done the mounting for the radiator in the front of the Tubeframe. One of the most tricky mounting of this build is just to mount the radiator. Because i have very limited space left between the engine and the front/grille. If i place the radiator too near the grille, it Will push out the front and it Will be to much space between the Doors and fenders. So i guess i Will sweat a lot to get it right. One of My goal, When i Cut up a body like this is that the body should Look realistic in both closed and Open Doors/panels. It would be easier if i had took a Bigger car/body. so this is a challenge for me. My plan in the future is also to build the 1/12 Camaro in a drag version. but i have not found Any great rear slicks in 1/12. I have never before build a big scale model,but thinking a lot to " Do it". If i find Any slicks .? Fred
Thank you, Dale Yes, indeed it is . I will compile an inventory of all the parts that I have used for this construction , and it will also contain what I scratch myself. But that list will be in the last uppdate for this build. Thanks again. Glad you like my little dragcar . Fred
Hi again all of you, and thanks for comments,Bill,Vince,Carl,Kerry,Walter,John,Dan ! When the body is glued/fixed to the chassie the assembly of the doors and front begins. It was quite difficult to get the doors in place, while they should be placed nicely in the closed position and at the same time be opened. Anyway, so I installed some hinge made of metal pins and then I 'll catch on rod ends , which I then assemble in the door. I made a little larger hole in the door where the rod ends to be attached , just to bond with an epoxy adhesive. then I can only catch on rod ends onto the metal pin and ,,,then fit on the door and place the door closed in the body , and let the epoxy glue harden. This way, everything is in the correct position,Open or closed .
Here i testfit the door.
The holes in the door are there.
The Metalpins glued in place. I have used a soft metal pin, so i can adjust the hinge if i need.
Sorry for the bad picture,but you can see that the rod ends are mounted in the door and it all work.
From another angle.
The front are just mocked up to see that it will fit.
Next move will be to paint the doors and front in the same color,and i will use the same diluted paint and, exactly the same pressure when i do this painting as the earlier painting,that is very important when you paint a metallic paint in more stages than once. Just because you can easily get a shade of difference if you are unlucky. Normally, i spray the entire body at the same time. but i knew that i would have to do it over again after fitting the doors and front. Paint rubbed off easily when you have to use your fingers on the panels . Comments are welcome, Fred