So got all components together, next will be a gloss coat and some oil washes, dry brushing, hairspray and chrome on exhaust manifold and some finishing touches. Following will be some wiring and pipe work once I get some reference photos.
Bit of a glue mark just under the distributor.
Should have made a nut to go on alternator pulley. Next time!
Should have waited to get a material, fly screen or some lace to use as a template to spray mesh over the filter. That effort takes me back to Kindergarten.
Got some more components primed. Forgot the exhaust manifold. Ended up priming, then gloss clear followed by a dusting of baking powder to give that rusty build up texture then another prime. Hopefully get some more paint down on these parts over the next few days.
Carl, Ray and Mike, thank you. Yes more to come. First attempt at a non military item so shall be interesting.
Mainly using Vallejo acrylics but the body will be Model Master. Thinking a nice light blue with one white fender and white wall tyres. Will be aiming for a slightly faded 5-10 year old car look, so will not have a nice shiny hiny. Will have to do some research on clear over the Vallejo as I don't want to ruin my gold coloured donk before its in the car.
I noticed the air filter canisters (red above) came out a little rough after painting. I used a flat red and added some gloss medium, which in hind sight was to gummy (Old). I let it dry and then went over it with some fresh gloss medium with red. I am guessing i should have sanded the first base coat back. Any how its an interesting texture and am happy to run with it on this baby, lesson learnt.
Will try and get some more engine components painted so I can assemble it, clear coat it and start some weathering.