Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


About mr68gts

  • Rank
    MCM Ohana
  • Birthday January 1

Previous Fields

  • Are You Human?
  • Scale I Build

Profile Information

  • Location
    0000 0000000
  • Full Name
    Paul Mendoza<br />
    <br />

Recent Profile Visitors

10,948 profile views
  1. Maybe this will help ya brad! And yes it's 16th scale! Thanks Mike! Yes, sadly just the parts alone are expensive plus needing the kits which aren't cheap on top of it make it difficult to build in the larger scales. There just isn't enough of a following for companies to make models in 1/16 scale. K&S tubing is it if you do't want Albion Brass tubes. Bad thing about Albions tubing is its real thin so not easily bent. I have been thinking of a bender that can work but it would take a bunch of dies in all their sizes to work. Still tempting though! I am sure I could run it through work and prototype it here at home. Brad building an altered in 1/16 would be freaking awesome! Back to work I go...... Paul
  2. Couple more parts printed and there may be a rim change lol. I printed the v series center but I like the classic looking wheels. I may update the front kidney beans to accept brakes and change the rears to the Halibrand big windows and turn them into bead lock style rear wheels! Paul
  3. I will only be fulfilling my commitments to the people that bought the 481x's (3 to be exact) and that's it. No parts will be available after that and the parts will NOT be as detailed internally as what is dispalyed. It's too difficult to try and repeatedly reprint these parts as they are really pushing the limits of the printer.
  4. The new front wheels! I need to redo the back side for disk brakes then they are god to go. Also going to print CORRECT tires for the fronts. These are just sitting in my M&H's from my old Racing scenes chassis kit. New supercharger with new intake manifold that has the ports in the model! Semi assembled mocked up engine with Magneto assembled. I still need to machine the angled adapter so it fits the block. (common with pretty much every engine that has this location for a magneto/distributor. Also shows the pocketed heads.(ends are pocketed to save weight) Modeled fuel pump assembly
  5. well, I've been working on this thing in the back ground. Still getting files done but I've had to redo all the files as I'm no longer using Shapeways services. I've since closed down the store which has caused me to have to redo every file for every part I've printed through them and reprint them as they are much better quality than the parts I was getting from Shapeways! There has also been a lot of chat back and forth as I work through this thing which has caused a few changes to the parts. The rear end has changed as have the wheels. I've added things to the bell housing to reflect a real one. I completely redesigned the rear end to be more like a Tim McAmis billet. The ENTIRE engine has been reprinted and detail added to the intake manifold. It now has the ports in the manifold! Lol.
  6. Like Mike I remember Don from the SLM Yahoo days. Actually got to meet him at Copperstate when he came down from Colorado for it one year. Always wondering what happened to him of late as he was a staple in the drag race modeling community building some of the best detailed and most scaled replicas I have ever seen. One of the first people to make the impression on me about scale fidelity and details. He was an inspiration to many and friend to many also. He will be missed greatly and hope that all him pains are gone and is modeling in the great sky above with several of my friends.
  7. Yes it's a Holden Monaro I believe. I also like that Cobra Coupe!
  8. The MPC body is not correct for the Super Judge. Dunno bout comps body
  9. Hobby design has resin turbos in 25th scale.
  10. Thats because Fotki is trying to sell a print (picture) of that pic.
  11. Just doing it like a real car and I had to modify the front aprons anyway to reflect the real cars changes. Much easier with the fenders out of the way.
  12. You will want to use the Missile body. The Satellite body has extra trim and such that needs to be sanded off in order for it to be correct for any of the SS/AFX cars. I am not sure anyone is doing a AWB resin body based on the Moebius body yet. I started one with a Satellite body a while back and tinker with it here and there. Mine is a Hodge Podge of parts to be a correct AWB mule car that had the Golden Commandos lettering on it. Because of this I am not completely sure if the MIssile kit had the parts for the AFX but believe it has all the engine parts there to make it including the headers IIRC with exception to the stack injection. The engine I am using in mine is based off of the Revell GTX Hemi and mastered with added in details then casted. (not available for sale) Uses Johan "Petty" headers, stamped steel Hemi K valve covers from Johan and cross ram. I was going to use a Hilborn intake also but decided on the unmodified mule car during testing. So before the Hilborn was added. Paul
  13. I actually found a original AMT parts pack of this tire and promptly used them on my 57 Ford Gasser project. I want to say they are the same tires the plastic 2 piece ones were but I don't have access to any of my models yet so I can't compare.
  • Create New...