Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nosferatu

  1. This is really nice! You put in a lot of work and it shows.
  2. I extended the chassis and I think it looks better now.
  3. Glad I could help. This is what inspired me to search for the wheels and tires. I saw this truck at a car show.
  4. Thanks for the kudos and encouragement! I see one issue when comparing the picture and the mock-up I am seeing that the distance between the front and rear fenders in the pic is longer than the distance in the mock-up. I think I may have to extent the frame I also figured out a way to replicate the boom with the bent angle iron. Dave
  5. I will attempt to replicate the boom in the picture.
  6. Thanks! The wheels and tires are from here: https://scenesunltd.com/collections/wheels/products/w5-1-25-20-5-hole-5-lug-dually-set
  7. I’m starting this one. I took an older build of a 1939 Ford pickup and tore it down for this. I’m looking to replicate this
  8. Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I think my son is working on what to challenge me for next Xmas. The taillights from the Stang were beyond usable so I had to scratchbuild some from a pic. A little more progress.
  9. Starting with the Groovy Grader and adding tank treads and a few other things: To The Tundra Tracker:
  10. I started with the S'cool Bus: And finished with The Gig Rig: I scratchbuilt the drum kit and guitars. To this:
  11. I found this Brad Leisure drawing online: To this: To this: I decided to add a hose reel and an old fire extinguisher to the trailer.
  12. Rusty, Thanks for your kind comments. The video is great! Dave
  13. Steve, Thanks! Never be afraid to experiment, it's just plastic.
  14. Steve, That Gremlin in killer!!! I never thought one could look so cool.
  15. From this: To this: Tom Daniels judged this contest and he gave me an honorable mention.
  16. From this I found in the dollar store: To this Alien Hot Rod:
  17. From this picture I found online: To this: To this: To this:
  18. Thank you! The Vette boat is almost done.
  19. Thank you for your kind compliments. Looking back I think I should have added a second set of wheels on the Stang trailer. I think it would not have looked as long after the wheels to the front. Dave
  20. My son gave me 3 gluebombs for Xmas that he got off of Ebay and challenged me to build a model out of all three. They were a 1929 Ford Woodys a 1960 Corvette and a 1975 Mustang. The Mustang was in the worst condition. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of when I got them. I didn’t have the heart to cut up the Woodys so I made it into the tow car with a surfing theme. The Corvette I am making into a speed boat and the Mustang I am making in to the trailer. So far this project is a 90 hour investment. Its not my best work but I’m still adjusting to my new location and I don’t have a spray booth as of yet. The Woodys didn’t come with doors so I left them out. I added wheels, tires and an engine from the parts box. I had some old mahogany veneer so I incorporated it into the side panels and grained the light wood frames. I hand made the anchor (which took two hours) and chromed it then placed it in the spare tire holder on the fender. The surf boards are both scratched built. I wanted a different look for the interior so I hand painted the seats in a Zebra pattern. The Vette will be the speed boat. I narrowed it about 1/4 “ and added the rear fin. I also scratch built the points on the front and the pontoons. Then I cut off the windshield and filled in the wheel wells. I reformed and added a hood from a 1967 Vette. For the interior I used parts of the seating from the Predicta, the dash from a ’55 Porsche and scratch built the rest. The seats will be in the zebra pattern to match the Woodys seats. The Stang has been a challenge. It was covered in heavy hand painted black on top of a couple other colors and also heavily glued. I cut off the roof and cut off the sides. I added an inner wall to the sides and used the bottom curved piece of rear chassis from the Garbage Truck for the front end. I had to widen the body in order to fit the Vetteboat in. I also hinged the rear for the tailgate. I needed to keep the indentation on the side panel to show it is from a Mustang, but also extended it to insert some of the mahogany wood veneer, I added old fenders and scratch built running boards to bring it together with the Woodys. I then built the frame and inside spot for the boat to sit. I am almost finished with this project. I will post completion pics in the Under Glass section soon. Thanks for looking and I hope you like it. Dave
  • Create New...