Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

rbarlow1

Members
  • Content Count

    26
  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About rbarlow1

  • Rank
    MCM Regular

Previous Fields

  • Are You Human?
    Yes
  • Scale I Build
    1/24 & 25

Contact Methods

  • Skype
    r.barlow116

Profile Information

  • Location
    San Jose
  • Full Name
    Rob

Recent Profile Visitors

832 profile views
  1. Thanks! They're these ones: http://www.rbmotion.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_59&product_id=52
  2. Got around to doing some new work the past week after spending the previous little while redoing the shocks more cleanly. Started work on the rear engine hatch, first molding the hexagonal mesh for it, then finishing the underside, then installing. Along the way, the mesh slipped through the hold and chipped the paint finish on the top quite badly, so I ended up stripping and repainting it. Then painting and carbon fibering the "inside", and today installing the mesh. Once installed, the lid is so tight, I don't see how I'm going to be able to get it to open and close without damaging the delicate hinge mechanism, so I'm considering removing the hinges altogether and just removing the hood when I want to display the internals. We'll see what happens. Just about finished: time for wheels, then rear windshield, and finally the baseplate under the car, and I'll be done. I've taken some more not the greatest photos and attached them here. I'll take some nice properly staged ones for "under glass".
  3. Some progress pics. Shock assembly has been installed, so has the windshield. Body is now mounted on the frame. Pretty excited about how things are looking so far.
  4. Very cool. With the body mods, the shape is (appropriately) a bit reminiscent of a Viper.
  5. Brief update: Started working on putting together the rear shock system using photoetch and RBMotion parts. Coming together slowly, it's taken some thought to figure out how to get it all in place since it needs to attach in three places at once, and fit, and I'd like it to move if possible. The photoetch for the rear springs was broken on the tree. Probably my fault somewhere along the line. I'm robbing the parts from the front to use in the rear since they won't be seen anyways. That means the shape of the heim joint linkage thing is slightly incorrect, but I'm not too concerned about it. Should have it all installed by Tuesday, and then it's time to drop the body on top and start the final stages of assembly. Mixal: I've just used tamiya acrylic clear red on the shocks. A bit rubbed off while assembling, but I just touched it up through the springs with a tiny brush and it looks good as new.
  6. Very cool and a wonderful start. Would you mind posting a pic (no pressure of course) of how they compare in terms of size with a 1/24 or 1/25 kit? Just very curious about these.
  7. Thanks guys, much appreciated. A bit more progress tonight. Assembled the doors and painted the RB Motion shocks, excited to get them put together and installed.
  8. Starting to come together, like some others said, that's some really nice tapework and finishing.
  9. Sometimes these things just work out when we focus on just building the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH things. This is a really cool combination of colors and finishes.
  10. Amazing amount of work here, look forward to following.
  11. Some body shots. Paint is duplicolor, primer base and clear, shot through an airbrush.
  12. HI all, I've been working on this version of my favorite exotic of all time for over a year now between other projects, slowly but surely, and thought I'd post some mediocre pics I've collected over the past few days. I'll take some body shots and post them later. It's been painted a non-traditional color - a dark pearl blue. Pics will take you right up to where I'm currently at. This is the first time I've gone all-out with the carbon fiber decals. The rear portion of the monocoque is notoriously difficult to get flat, but I've managed to ensure that the places where there are flaws are by and large going to be covered up by components. The wheel tubs were also a bear, but I've finally managed to finish them. CF decals are scale motorsport, as are the photoetch components (other than the hose clamps - they're detail master I believe).
×
×
  • Create New...