My Black Friday consisted of putting the finishing touches on this one, as best I recall I started it about 5 years ago. I based it off a single grainy photo I found online, plus my own memories of visiting the UPFD station with my grandfather when I was young.
The AMT kit is certainly nice overall, though it has its challenges such as lack of positive locating aids, especially in/around the cab, plus heavy mold lines on many of the parts.
The axes and hose couplers in the bed are 3D printed items from Shapeways; the couplers on the black suction hoses mounted on the side of the truck are kit pieces, though the hoses themselves are Evergreen tube that was a perfect match for the kit pieces, though much easier without seams to clean up.
I used Model Car World lacquer for the ALF yellow, and the chrome is a mix of BMF, Alclad, Molotow, and Testors enamel.
Hose load in the bed is sewing elastic dyed with wood stain, and the small-diameter hose on the reels is solder painted oxide red, to replace the kit's vinyl hose.
The two rotating emergency lights are from resin/vac-form items from Custom Squads.
Decals are from Speedway, and the two fire helmets are resin castings sent to me by a member on another forum.
I replaced the mounts for the side mirrors with brass rod, as the kit pieces were way overscale.
The red flashers & orange turn signals on the front are fog lights from the Welly Tahoes, and replace the arrow-shaped turn signals from the kit.