[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

68shortfleet

Members
  • Content count

    358
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About 68shortfleet

  • Rank
    MCM Avid Poster

Previous Fields

  • Are You Human?
    yes
  • Scale I Build
    1/25

Profile Information

  • Location
    Dundee, OR
  • Full Name
    Jason Lookabill
  1. Let's see that Austin built. I've got a couple of them to build. Have a resin prostreet chassis for one of them. Should be a fun build.
  2. Revell Highway Pioneers scale?

    Bowser; I believe i have a few of those kits that I'll never build. If you have any interest in them.
  3. Scratch built 32 ford

    That's really cool build.
  4. 33 Willy's HiBoy

    I found images of this black 33 Willy's and decided it would make an excellent build, what I didn't realize is the amount of body mods needed to do it. It has been lengthened in the body and hood, widened through the middle, sectioned(pie cut), A pillars leaned back, B pillars leaned forward, grill leaned back and rear wheel arches moved up. I will try my best to get close to that, but doubt I can build a perfect replica. I'm starting with a couple of AMT 33 Willy's kits. I started by un-chopping the kit body by adding 4" to the rear of the cabin area, which moved the roof forward 2", that gave me a perfect B pillar forward lean. The rear of the car was too long so i removed 6" from it right through the middle of the trunk area. Then I added 6" to the doors and leaned the A pillars back as I un-chopped some of the windshield height. Next came widening of the body in a pie form. Two inches at the cowl and three at the rear.. Then did a section cut out of each side. Next came the hood, I cut the rearmost 6" and the grill area off one hood and glued the 6" to the rear of the second hood. This made the hood 2" wider to match the new wider cowl. Here's some pics to help it make sense. Right now, between the two kit bodies and the Evergreen pieces, this body consists of at least 41 pieces I've glued together. The hood has about another five pieces so far.
  5. '60 Starliner mild custom

    Looks great. That's an awful lot of foil.
  6. steer car

    Now that's cool. Awful lot of scratchbuilding went into that didn't it.
  7. 69 Yenko Nova

    Looks great.
  8. Tognotti's King T Gluebomb recovery

    Excellent save. I have a couple of these that I need to rebuild.
  9. Here is another experiment using melted styrene leftovers from the red taillight sprue. The AMT 36 Ford kit does come with red taillights. This experiment is just making a drip to form a little round dot for a light. Not sure if this will work or not, will know in a couple days as it dries.
  10. Amt 36 Ford?

  11. Willy's pick-up

    Wow, Jimmy didn't mess around getting mine shipped to me. Ordered Monday about 9pm, was in my mailbox today(Thursday). This little Willy's looks great, needs the normal amount of flash cleanup work that I expect of almost any resin supplier. I'm not sure I like how the bed floor was done, but i suspect there is a reason behind it that I will discover when I start fitting it to the styrene donor kit.
  12. Amt 36 Ford?

    Not that this answers your question. Does your 61 kit molded in gray have wide 5 artillery style wheels? The black ones should have wide 5 wheels but not the artillery style. Basically, I have been told that the first issue of this kit had the artillery wheels, and none of the kits since them got those wheels.
  13. I have also done the stock-ish firewall from the Revell 32 Ford Rat Roaster kit. I didn't have as good of success with it. I have a useable part, but did get a little(very minimal) shrinkage as some mentioned would happen, but I also got a little bit of warping that would be easily fixed once its glued to the car body. The bigger problem I had was pin holes throughout the part. Haven't found a way to overcome that with liquid styrene. However, I do believe that any of these small molds that I have made would easily accept resin also. Which should produce a better part.