Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Previous Fields

  • Are You Human?
  • Scale I Build

Profile Information

  • Location
  • Full Name

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

donkeychomp's Achievements

MCM Regular

MCM Regular (3/6)

  1. And she's finished. Added a battery as well, the petrol tank got some clear fuel lines, the decals were very old but I did my best with them, I'm quite happy with My Miss Deal. Wondering if she has a sister called Miss Behaving...
  2. I've done some detailing to the seat belt, added a fire extinguisher, and some front brake lines. Doing the firewall was a bit trickier as I had some old but usable small decals I could use for the rev counter and whatever the other two gauges are! I needed to fill the rev counter 'hole' and found an old indicator light that fitted so tight it needed so glue...result! Decals on, pedals too. Then the body shell got some chrome beading on the edges. Not far from finishing this now.
  3. Got my home made seat belt in. Needs a bit of detailing but so far so good. And the body is all painted now. Note the new gear knob .
  4. After some head scratching I tried to blend in the blue colour. I masked off then peeled back a small edge of the tape so when it was sprayed it would 'bleed' into the green. I was very surprised to find out it did nothing of the sort but I do have a dead straight and seamless line between the two colours. Not sure if I should leave it like that or try again... The chassis is completed, I'm going to make some seat belts too and maybe mount them to the rear roll cage, the gearknob design is awful so I will make my own and the little foot...well she is called Miss Deal so nail varnish is on...
  5. Good luck with yours Ted! A bit more done. The chassis is finished, although I do need to cut about 3mm off one driveshaft (or rivet!) so the wheels are sticking out equally. One engine hose that came with the kit was awful so I cut a small bit of tubing and painted that instead, looks a lot better I think. And both header units are done with some added bracing as they are rather wobbly without it!
  6. Hijack away I think that paint method is a great idea! And Walter I agree with you about that cable. I discovered the smaller Tamiya cables slot into the larger ones, so I trimmed a bit off and voila. Then went to fit the rear shocks only to realise I had the diff on upside down...fixed that easily but the shocks don't clear the diff, more excellent Revell build quality. A bit of bodging and they are now on. Also the chrome front is assembled and one very tricky header unit is made up.
  7. I did a bit of research and although this kit is not a real car it is probably based on one....
  8. That paint is superb, nice work. I've done a bit more, my screw idea to hold the wheels on didn't work so I cut down some slim rivets and used those...however the diff wouldn't close up properly as the rivets were a little too wide, so a dab of filler and all looks good now. I also tried cleaning the chrome off the exhausts with bleach but that didn't work so I used some oven cleaner...now THAT worked! The engine is done now, I've added a lead from the starter motor and when the engine is in place I'll see where I can hide it...
  9. I'm using Ford Signal Green and Ford Riviera Blue for the body. Had a test fit of the dizzy, might need to trim the wires a little, and the axle now fits the chassis after a lot of sanding down. Very few of these parts fit correctly and some of the instructions make no sense but I am getting there! Even though this kit was sealed the metal bar to hold the rear wheels onto the axle was missing so I found some screws from a Tamiya kit and I hope they'll do the job. And the body got it's final coat of green too!
  10. That looks superb Nick. I see you used the exhausts that come with the kit, and I think that matt white colour is a better option than chrome. You can have TOO much bling! So a little more done, the engine is getting there, the floor pan and chassis rails are painted as is the rear diff. And the body has now had a second coat of Ford Signal Green.
  11. A lucky guess with the dizzy! Interesting to know the new cars use coil packs. I've been looking at a lot of pictures of this car and it seems to have had several colour changes over it's life. I've seen green/blue, blue and red so far. So I'm not sure what colour scheme to go with. Any thoughts? Alex
  12. I see what you mean by a mark on the blower intake. Mine is so small I'll leave it as is I think. I managed to cut the crooked mounting point off the blower manifold and now it all fits flush together. I do have a question though, having never owned a V8 powered anything where does the distrbutor go? Is it where I've put it in the pic, ie where the magento fits? And a pic of an Anglia. This is why I thought it was based on that, albeit a very stretched Anglia!
  13. You are quite right. No idea how I got that wrong!
  14. Hi everyone. Apologies for my absence and the lack of any more work on my 57 Chevy...I am at a real head scratching moment with that thing. So I thought I'd do another build. This time it's the Revell Miss Deal funny car. Based on an English Ford Anglia, and by based I mean the bodywork slightly resembles a real Anglia! So far the engine is in progress, I will be doing some minor tweaks to that and probably the wheels too. Revell are not my favourite model maker and this shows up in the poor fit quality but I'll sort those niggles out. The paintwork is a 2 tone blue/green and from what I can glean off the interweb it's blended in, so some careful spraying is called for! Alex
  • Create New...