I'm just happy to hear they even mention it.
Z06 and C7R would be nice. I don't know how successful it was in sales, but I loved the C6R kit philosophy: easy enough for the casual builder, child or beginner, but good enough to be used as a foundation for a great project.
Question for Tim, Gerry, Bob and those who has seen the Revell parts board display of this model: Do you have any pics or recall how the tail lights and the back of the model are?
I ask because I'm trying to establish if the promo is related to this, but the chassis in the promo is completely different to what is shown in these pics. The promo is held together by 2 screws in the centerline of the almost flat chassis. That would suggest the body mold itself is different. It also seems the promo doesn't even have brakes.
Could it be that the promo is made by somebody else?
Modeling bench time has increased from 3 minutes a month to almost 5 minutes a month! Still quite far from my glory days of modeling but I'll take it.
Moving along in this project, I would love to finish the hood mods as soon as possible but this has proven to be quite a challenge. Countless passes done and countless still pending, but at least moving in the right direction.
Sorry for the late reply. I use the superfine Milliput. I've found that smaller quantities work better for me than a larger batch. I mix equal parts of each, about the size of an aspirin tablet each. I wet my hands and mix it pressing against each other and making a flat disk, like a pizza dough. Fold it over itself and press and repeat many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, times. Since both parts are similar color in the superfine Milliput, it is hard to tell if they are properly mixed by just looking at it. So I just do it many times. Then I usually roll it and make a long and thin log. All of this while still wet.
I apply it to the area and press it to rough shape. At this point it is still a bit sticky. After about 10~15 minutes I try to get it closer to final shape with a wet flat toothpick. I then usually leave it alone until the next day (in my case, it could be the next decade...). It should be rock hard by then. Keep in mind I live in the hot tropics, so I'm not sure if that affects the curing speed. Only after it is rock hard I start to file and sand it, checking progress with primer along the way. Primer has clogged my files and sandpaper more than Milliput itself.
Hope this helps!
OK Let's see:
12 minutes of workbench time in 4 months: That averages to 3 whopping minutes a month!
Combine that with a slow builder and I think I can finish this right about the time the real car gets antique car plates...
The 427 convertible uses a factory hi-rise hood, similar to the ZR1 hood but without the window. This hood was first offered as a Z06 option in 2012 (Option B92). The option was also available in 2013 (Z06 only as the previous year).
All 427 convertibles had this hood.
Having this been a full detail model, I would have used a ZR1 hood and fill the window (hint for a future project). But since this is a curbside I'll just add material to the hood.
The plan is to get it close to shape with styrene and then finish it using Milliput.
So at this rate this may only take a few more years before it is ready for primer....