Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 89AKurt

  1. SEMA show cars, new video (title at the top) screenshots. The blue one has the same style wheels I used for my 190SL project. I can't believe they used real 300SLs! The SLR looks completely scratch built.
  2. Just take my word for it, when I've sprayed thinned enamel on thick, the adhesive melts. No pictures, something went flying and the words uttered are not allowed on this forum. Seriously, I invite anyone to run the same experiment, let's see what different climates do.
  3. That was another experiment. 😏 It's actually project #189 that I finally got done this summer, widening, leveling, and making the end of the driveway bigger for parking the pickup. One reason I haven't been working on any models, or been on this forum forever.
  4. Geez, some of you guys will probably hate the jet sound of this EV. 🙄 Nobody claimed this is racing. It's more advanced than driving on two wheels that stunt shows used to do, now I wonder if Ken can do that? 🤔 I had 2 r/c electric cars, so every "normal" EV reminds me of those. I'm interested only in the technology, and seeing how the limits of automobiles are getting pushed. I am not into how government is forcing them onto us to "save the planet" which they can't do.
  5. Spotted this in a tiny community off the freeway, when I was gassing up. Terrible place to take pictures.
  6. Attended a model show in Prescott Valley today, it's a new organization on it's 3rd year, had some vendors from Phoenix. I spotted this resin Batmobile, was marked half off original price and she gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. I have no idea who made it, no instructions. Should there be wheels with the bat on the hubcaps? And why does the hood open when there is no engine?
  7. I probably shouldn't admit this, started the Lamborghini LM002 kit, it's super basic and I got myself painted into a corner. I recently got a 1/12 Countach, looks super detailed but that's all I know.
  8. I didn't have that poster, but a black one with gold wheels, and a neeked blond on the hood. I have the 1/16 kit, and 3 other versions in 1/24. Look forward to using this for guidance in the future. You going to add the bumper wing?
  9. Awesome build! Bulletproof glass. 🤣
  10. The fact you completed it in two months is amazing! Awesome build.
  11. Of course I love this! I was lucky to get Replicas & Miniatures of MD interior detail parts, many years ago. Looks good in blue.
  12. 😳 Wow that's awesome! 3D printed wire wheels? Tubing exhaust pipes look great. I had to track down a 300 SLR Uhlenhaut coupe for myself after reading about that example sold by the museum.
  13. I have 2 of these kits, wanted to do the C2 also. First thing I noticed was the corrected grill and badge. The body is multiple piece, so I can imagine the challenge. Good job, and more important, you built it! 🏆
  14. That a repop of the vintage Revell kit? I gave one to a friend, didn't care to tackle it. Beautiful job, and color.
  15. I see you're new, welcome to the forum! Beautiful builds. I recently acquired the 308 kit, wondered how it built up. Use steel tubing for the exhaust tips?
  16. Buggy eyed Mayor will raise the drawbridges when feeling threatened.
  17. I've never seen luggage of any kind available. Just in case you feel ambitious, check out how I made Samsonite luggage: Page 5 shows a smaller suitcase.
  18. My '16 Honda Civic has a couple of issue, the 3rd brake light is the worst design, and the electronics has a loose connector somewhere, when I take a rough turn it starts beeping, sometimes have to stop, and restart like a Windows computer. Club cruise night, I'll post more pictures later.
  19. I was getting annoyed with looking at the tape on my door. It's been 9 months. The adhesive is still holding, but it's about to start flaking. The Sharpie pen ink has almost disappeared. The other pen ink has held up well. The last stage of masking tape degradation is to become brittle and actually break when you remove it. I just wanted to show how it's not a good idea to use masking tape for a finish product on models, and Sharpie pen is affected by UV rays. Due to nobody else doing this test, I will conclude this is 100% proof. 🙄
  20. #20 LP500S Walter Wolf, #21 LP400, #38 25th Anniversary. Also have the 1/16 5000 Quatrovalvole.
  21. This was one of the first car models I built last century, think it was the first Countach kit. Looks great in black. I have 3 versions of the Fujimi kits, which are super detailed. Also built the Nitto kit, which is really an awful turd, which I had fun with. Good job finishing a model, more than I can say this year.
  • Create New...