The Report function of the forum works well. If you see someone acting up, acting out, or just being an okole, use the Report function. It works! I have it set up so it not only sends me an email, but that email is then marked with a flag, and get's put to the top of my email list. I will try to access/look at the report/topic as soon as possible, but remember, I'm on a six hour time delay, and other mods not only have a life, but a real job as well. k den
I'd give them a go, they get a lot of bad comments, not sure if it's just brand snobbery, but I've been using them for years, and once stirred and thinned correctly they airbrush just fine, I also use Revell and Testors, and to me, they all airbrush just the same, but Humbrol do have a huge range of colours to choose from.
I used Humbrol # 103, cream, it was a matt finish, so I added a little clear to it to make it slightly satin, I used photos i have of the real thing, took at an American car show I went to a few years ago
I'm pretty much the same as you Bill, drives me crazy when things on a model are supplied or molded in that are just not correct, it's not top of my list, but if I ever come across a resin convertible body for the 300C, I'll grab it, as you say, just cutting off the roof just wouldn't be correct. Well I'm slowly carrying on with the build, but I've had to order a new set of photo etch scissors, I'm not sure who's been using them, looks like they've been used to trim a dinosaurs toe nails, so I've just ordered a new pair, as I have the photo etch sheet for this, I'll probably not use everything on the sheet, but I will be using the front grill, and the speaker grills for the rear shelf. With the roof lining painted and left to dry before I do the three chrome strips on it, I thought I would fix the front number plate th=o the bumper, but the front bumper has a slight bit of chrome missing on the edge, I wish I had seen this earlier, when I was painting the rear bumper in chrome, I tried the chrome pen, and it looked awful, tried a bit of bmf, and it still stuck out like a carrot in an omelette, so it's gone in the stripper and will be in K Colors chrome to match the rear bumper.
No you didn't, you've put the bottom of the steering column on the subframe mount, look at the instructions here, the bottom of the steering column os supposed to go between the brake and clutch pedal, a per the real thing
Just a tip for you, you need to move the steering column more forward, it shouldn't be sticking up like that, if you don't move it, you won't be able to fit the body, as the steering wheel will be too far forward and will catch on the windshield,
Finally got the wet sanding and polishing finished, it will get a coat of wax once all the bmf has been done, also got the headlamp buckets masked and painted in body colour, not the easiest masking I've ever had to do, but I'm pretty happy with the results