Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

duffy-duck21

Members
  • Posts

    83
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Previous Fields

  • Are You Human?
    Yes
  • Scale I Build
    1/18

Profile Information

  • Location
    Germany
  • Full Name
    Steffen Hofmann

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

duffy-duck21's Achievements

MCM Regular

MCM Regular (3/6)

  1. Wow what a great job. What do you do for living? Splitting atoms at home? Unreal attention to detail!!
  2. Love the view of the rear end (5th pic). It looks so realistic and clean. And your attention to detail is awesome!! Great job!!
  3. Very good paintjob and I like your choice of the wheels.
  4. Hey guys, thanks a lot for the numerous positive comments. I didn't think the car would be so well received by you and I really appreciate your compliments.
  5. Hi Claude. Thanks for your comment. The White is called Atlas White, color code L91Z.
  6. The interior of the original is surprisingly simple. The biggest challenge was building the roll cage.
  7. My construction should not be a 1 to 1 replica. Originally I wanted a turquoise instead of the candy red, but ended up with light blue metallic. The rims and a few attachments also do not correspond to the model. The biggest challenge was building the turbine. My turbine could be a bit thicker in diameter, but I had to use what came closest to the original.
  8. After I saw the original car for the first time a few years ago, it was immediately clear to me: I have to build it. The T1 is simply a cuddly, likeable car with a wonderful feel-good design. The original car is extremely clean and built with love. According to the website, the car is registered in England and is, Attention: street legal!!! Of course, this only applies to driving with the normal engine in the rear. The original car:
  9. Hello everyone One of my most complex projects was finished right on time for the weekend. It was a real struggle to put the top and bottom of the fuselage together. The wind shield was warped at the factory, so I had to use so much force when gluing it together that I just waiting for a suspicious cracking noise. Fortunately, everything turned out well 😅 You can read up the whole build in the WIP section: Hope you enjoy the pics:
  10. The current lights that I have installed are from an Alfa Romeo from the 70s. The shape and size is quite well, but I don´t find them realistic enough for a trailer. By the way, the scale is 1/18.
  11. Thanks for the positive comments @Paul: this is a picture which type of tail lights I wanted to build. Tried to build it several times but the result wasn`t good.
  12. After a short summer break, this project is going on again. Since the boat is almost finished, it was time to build the trailer, using various originals as a guide. Except of the wheels and taillights everything was build from scratch. Since I am not satisfied with the taillights, I would be happy if someone can give me tips on how to build them. Thanks in advance...Steffen
  13. After the clearcoat had almost 2 weeks to dry, the hull parts were sanded wet with 3000 grit. Then I used the Meguiar`s 3-Step Deep Crystal Set to create a glossy finish. The green color looks a bit too bright in the pictures.
  14. Hi Alan. Thanks a lot for you comments. To cut the instrument rings cleanly I use a simple technique: The first thing I do is take a pipe with the desired diameters. Then I cut a piece off by rolling the blade over the pipe until it breaks. The broken piece is for the garbage can. Now I take the pipe and carefully sanding down the cut surface until it is smooth and even with different types of sanding sticks from the drugstore (from rough until very smooth). Then I cut another piece off by rolling the blade over the pipe. This time, however, in the approximate width that the rings should have. Now you have rings with a clean edge on one side and an unclean edge on the other. Now I put a strip of double-sided tape on a small sheet of plastic and put the rings very next to each other on the tape with the unclean edge up. Then I use the mentioned sanding sticks from a drugstore and sand the rings down until I have reached the desired height. By laying the rings next to each other they will get the same height while sanding. As a last step, I sand single ring on the edges and inside with 3000 sandpaper to get a clean surface. I hope that was explained in an understandable way. If not, just write to me again. Making the rings is a very simple and quick process.
×
×
  • Create New...