Awesome to see this build. I found this kit last week and snapped it up right away (one I actually didn't have). I love seeing these buggies built. You have done it justice capturing the era perfectly, well done! I am a self-proclaimed expert in the field LOL. I have a 1:1 1966 fiberglass dune buggy that will one day replicate in 1:25th. My 1:1
Thx for the comments guys. I had to put this on hold for a bit. Wife has me renovating the main bathroom. Installing new sheetrock at the moment and mudding the joints. Figured how hard could it be to get a wall smooth when I can get a kit to look like glass...... Apparently not the same thing LMAO.
Anyways I will hopefully get back at this in the near future. In the meantime I finished the frame.
WOW guys thanks for all the comments and feedback. A bit more done, not a huge update... I tried to mock up the front end using the front bumper, isn't happening so I messed around making a front spoiler. I also did the hood vents the C10R has. Rear has been rolled, again didn't like the bumper look.
I haven't been building seriously for a long while. I'll sneak one in here and there but nothing like I once was.Thank you for the comments guys! They are keeping me motivated and keeping me going on this. Dino that Pro Street looks great!! I absolutely LOVE the Pro Street scene.
A bit of an update...
Hit the frame with some paint. This color will not be the body color....
Got some other parts painted as well.
And some frame assembly.
Then back to the interior tub. Made a new firewall dog house and cleaned up the rest of it. I may have to clean up a bit more once I hit it with primer.
I'm now working on a roll bar for the interior and a front air dam. I don't really like the front bumper on it so seeing if I can come up with something else. I rolled the back of the body so wont be using a rear bumper either. I'll keep at it.......
Frame was easy but now things are getting interesting. The ride height was close but front has to be dropped. I was going to alter the frame but the more I did that the higher the motor would be.I figured no problem as I have a pile of room until I figured out the motor is so set back that it is going into the fire wall. So I looked at the interior tub and since the side walls are pretty much vertical I thought I could get away with taking some out of it to drop the body on the frame.
Once that was done I had a gap on the sides.
I thinned the door panel (so it would not look so wide) and added a filler strip.
Next I made room for the engine.
Then I sat and pondered how I was gong to deal with this mess.. The transmission hump was massively oversized since a big 4X4 transmission wasn't going to be used. I thought about trimming around it and re making the floor.... Then into the box of goodies to see if I could find another option.
I long time ago I bought a bunch of Nascar kits. about 10 or them. All the kits were missing bodies. I think the guy was using them for slot cars or something. Anyways the width was a perfect fit and would really clean up the underside of the truck.
I cut the floor completely out.
Not sure if i have any less of a mess to deal with LOL.