Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

fivesuns

Members
  • Content Count

    266
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About fivesuns

  • Rank
    MCM Avid Poster
  • Birthday 04/04/1957

Previous Fields

  • Are You Human?
    yes
  • Scale I Build
    1/24

Profile Information

  • Location
    Mississippi
  • Full Name
    Howard Lee

Recent Profile Visitors

331 profile views
  1. Love it. Decals look painted on. Nice paint and chrome work. Great job.
  2. Thanks everyone for the kind replies...
  3. Another open kit I bought. I deleted the spoilers, and the wheels and tires came from my parts box. Paint is createx orange pearl. In retrospect there are a few things I should have done different, or did not do that I should have like drill the exhaust tips. Not a great job by any means, but it does look good displayed in my work area. Comments welcome as always and thanks for looking.
  4. That's cool....needs a remote controlled M249 mounted on that front bumper😁
  5. I went yesterday and purchased one of the 50 Fords, a lindberg 67 Olds 442 and a Datsun 280zx, They also had about 3 different vettes, a Chrysler 300, ford crown vic police interceptor and a '37? ford roadster. Wish they had some trucks.
  6. In addition to cars, I like building military wheeled vehicles. I appreciate this post.
  7. good looking car. Slick paint.
  8. I Like it....Engine bay really looks great.
  9. Thanks. Sometimes I use the Tamiya panel accent, but all I have is black and brown, I thought the black would be too obvious. Maybe I should invest in some gray. Thinking about upgrading to an Iwata. I have been using the cheap brush for about a year now. Good suggestion...I test fit on chassis and engine but not so much on body stuff (which is the most visible). I shall start doing more of this. I'll have to give the exacto knife a try. I always fear I will make a mis-lick and then have a scratch to worry about. Thanks to all for the responses h
  10. I purchased this model kit as an open box. The windshield was cracked down the middle, the rear glass was also cracked. The passenger side A pillar was seriously bent, I was unable to straighten in completely. I made the windshield and back glass to replace the cracked ones. This is the first time using embossing powder for carpet, I think I got my glue too thin. Painted with silver metallic acrylic craft paint in my 20 dollar airbrush. Still struggling a bit with BMF but I am getting better. Anyhow this is the finished product, I am satisfied based on what I had to start with. Comments and tips for improvement welcome.
  11. That is one gorgeous rig. Incredible detail. Well done!
  12. fivesuns

    Oops....

    Looks like Todd might have had a little engine fire too.
×
×
  • Create New...