Applied base rust (this was just the base for random rust pattern):
1) Airbrushed Mig Jimenez Rust Color Primer.
2) Once Primer is dried,
a) I loaded a ripped piece of make up sponge with light orange acrylic ( I used light rust from Vallejo), and unloaded most of it on a piece of paper to get a dry painting effect.
b) I lightly dabbed the sponge, randomly over the body, focusing more on raises areas, edges. Also, hood and roof top.
3) Once dried, I applied a wash of light rust over the whole body. I used Vallejo light rust wash, which has a little bit more orange on it. This is just a wash to tie colors together, somewhat.
Coming up next:
1) Seal the base.
2) Prepare for chipping and fading: hairspray and salt application over the body, where rust will be showing.
3) Paint the body and chip away.
4) Apply more light rust wash to blend in the rust showing with the edges of the paint.
5) Rust pigment for texture on the rotting sections.
This is it for now.