Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Evlwevl

Members
  • Content Count

    37
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Evlwevl

  • Rank
    MCM Regular

Previous Fields

  • Are You Human?
    Yes
  • Scale I Build
    1/24

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    N/A
  • Skype
    N/A
  • Facebook
    N/A

Profile Information

  • Location
    Bakersfield
  • Full Name
    Rob DeLeon

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Man I love vintage funny cars, nice work!
  2. The display cardboard cutout is included. Thankyou all
  3. This is my first dragster build (box stock). Painted with rattle can model Master laquer and High gloss clear, then hand polished. I will eventually build the Tom Mc Ewen version and display them together
  4. Very nice, building tanks is much more relaxing to me than cars since I can concentrate on the build and then paint later.
  5. I was almost finished with my build and then to my horror after using a flash photo realized how many unpainted spots on my figures were left. I definitely need a stronger lamp and better magnification. These old eyes aren’t what they used to be .
  6. That’s cool. I really enjoy building weathered rusty old VWs. This is a project I’ve been working on between builds. What weathering method do you use? My bus will get a paint chip method once I get my stance down
  7. I didn’t used to but I prime everything now. I prime most parts right on the sprue with either black, white or grey duplicolor sandable primer. It helps my cheap Walmart acrylics hold on better.
  8. Picked up a few kits from a local club member.
  9. Thank you, not too bad for 50 Cent Walmart acrylic paint. I’m really liking these Tamiya weathering master kits as well. The only thing I’m finding is the applicator tears after a while Of rubbing it on a plastic model surface with any sort of protruding detail. I’m going to see if dollar tree sells make up applicators
  10. Well here it is guys. I stopped by Hobby lobby today and found some black 20 gauge bead wire. Surprisingly it’s thinner then the silver plated wire I tried from my wife’s jewelry making kit. It looks like a decent scale and was easy to bend and best of all it suspends the snow speeder perfectly. Now I just have to add a little snow to the vehicles in this puppy is done
  11. I’m just about finished with my AT-AT diorama. The last part I’m having trouble with is finding a way to replicate the cable wrapped around the legs and trying to suspend the snow speeder with the tow cable alone. I’ve seen several guys use various guaged of wire which look too heavy to be scale looking . I raided my wife’s jewelry making supplies and found that a 22 gauge wire is strong enough to hold the vehicle suspended in the air without having to use a mounting stick attached to the base however it does not look scale and is a little too thick still . I tried to use CA coated upholstery thread and that doesn’t seem to work either. I have some really thin lengths of styrene rod but they don’t have the strength to hold up the vehicle either. Does anyone have any other ideas? I’m all ears.
  12. Been a slow build working a few minutes here in a few minutes there. I finally cast a set of good usable tires after running through my resin supply. I’ve added a front passenger foot rest and front bumper and built a completely new front beam and shock towers to raise the front suspension a little bit. I originally modified the kit supplied beam, raising and widening it a little bit and it was just not giving me the look and strength I was looking for. I also end up separating the transmission/engine mount away from the firewall by cutting the mount area away. I’ve never cared for the way Revell originally molded the firewall and this being in a Baja, it will be completely visible. I also originally added a small strip above the firewall to compensate for the body lift I made. After separating the mounts I was able to remove the strip and just mount it in place. Wheels, cage and bumper all painted with metallizer aluminum buff And slightly polished with a paper towel. Extra thick drums were added also to widen the rear stance as well as adding more positive camber to the back wheels to Simulate a raised rear spring plate. I’d like to eventually make some Lugnuts for the wheels and next will come the rear bumper and assembly and paint of the engine. My daughters black hair tie holds everything together while I mark up the body and pan
  13. It sure does look like it
  14. The cylinder tin provides a sealed cooling path For the air so they direct air around the cylinders and cools them with air provided from the fan. It turns out that I have a parts kit from Tamiya that uses those same cylinder tins for this engine
  15. Been in a little bit of a standstill while sourcing the tires that more or less replicate The original Sand Scorcher. Front tires are from a AMT deora kit With two thick styrene sheets sandwiched between the tire halves and shaped with Tamiya putty to get the correct tire width. While waiting for the putty to cure, I just wanted to see a Mock up of the wheels and tires sitting next to the body. Once I modify the suspension, it should be ready for paint
×
×
  • Create New...