Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

rob1957

Members
  • Content Count

    99
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About rob1957

  • Rank
    MCM Regular

Previous Fields

  • Are You Human?
    yes
  • Scale I Build
    1/24 , 1/25

Profile Information

  • Location
    Strathroy , Ontario , Canada .
  • Full Name
    Robert Butler .

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thanks for feedback David . Dimensions for diorama are 140mm x 190mm and roughly 100mm height . Rather difficult to find British/CDN soldiers to build , either WW1 or WW2. Dragon , which has a nice product line , offers mostly German WW2 . The ICM Ford truck is a very kit to build , excellent fit up and details . We have never built any MENG kits , but I hear they are quite nice . Some day might we might build some armour .
  2. Woodland Scenics turf material and undergrowth for foliage . Soldiers are ICM kits . Nice products to work with. Planning the layout was tricky , it evolved over time until a final scene was decided on . With Covid lockdown here in our province this provided hours of enjoyment to build.
  3. Here is the inside of our farm bldg. . Balsa wood door/frame and window . Electrical conduit is .050'' diameter rosin core solder bent to suit .
  4. Our camera isn't the best . Sorry for blurry pictures . Tiles on roof and eavestrough are A&W paper drinking straws cut and painted . Our grenade thrower in back of truck was placed there due to lack of space .
  5. Hello everyone . Here is a diorama that we just completed after a few months work . The truck was previously posted in Trucks thread . Diorama base is a cheap picture frame which we modified , felt is applied on bottom to prevent scratching . Plaster on bldg. is tile grout with some pigment . Potting soil mixed with water/PVA glue is ground .
  6. Nice choice of colour on this build . I need more practice on my paint to get that polished look. I found that the windows weren't the greatest to fit up. And I agree with your point about the headlights on this kit . When I first got to the ,roof-to-body stage, I was racking my brains on what to do with this major fit-up issue . I applied lots of extra glue on the inside seams to try and prevent cracking issues . This kit might have been beyond my skill level , I'll be the first to admit . It was a challenge to get it done . Big sigh of relief .
  7. Thanks for feedback everyone . Some pre-drilled holes for door handles and those tail lights would have been nice .Tail lights req'd some re-shaping as NOBLNG mentions . Unfortunately I didn't look that far ahead in the instructions and drill these holes myself. I need a bit more experience and some artistic technique with the final paint job.
  8. The biggest issue we had was the coupe top to the body . It was challenging , lots of Vallejo putty and delicate sanding . And some material removal on top of pass side interior tub. Fortunately this colour hid a lot of the work . Plastic thickness on interior tub walls was much thicker on pass. side than driver side . Something went wrong at the factory . We had fun . It was a challenge/learning experience . Enjoy .
  9. And there we have it . A different type of build from the 1970's muscle cars which I have done . Would I do another ? Of course .
  10. Fit up around grille and hood ornament was tricky . Inside tire diameter was too small , had to cut out some rubber to get rim assembly to fit . Tires are solid rubber , tough stuff .
  11. I should have installed the rear tail lights before painting . Fit up wasn't the best so I left off pass. side tail light . My mistake .
  12. Colour is Tamiya TS-43 Racing Green . My front end seems to be a bit lower than I expected .
  13. Here is my first build at this type of kit . Picked it up second hand in antiques mall. My difficulty was getting the hood together properly . I had detailed the engine but in the end I had to glue the hood in place so I miss out on seeing my engine work .
  14. Thanks for feedback . We airbrushed Tamiya Buff/Khaki for colour . Soft artists pastels shaved down with Vallejo pigment binder was lightly applied for effects . Tamiya flat clear / Tamiya thinner to seal off . No door handles in kit . Tires are plastic .
  15. This truck will be used in a WW1 diorama coming up . The final verdict : Nice kit to work on with endless possibilities for add-ons . Very little flash to sand . Instructions are straight forward . I'd recommend this kit . Enjoy. Robert.
×
×
  • Create New...