Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Starliner Kustoms

Members
  • Content Count

    217
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Starliner Kustoms

  1. You are absolutely right! Lol realized right after I posted. Meant to remove it before hand. It has since been corrected. Thank you.
  2. Just finished this up. While it looks red in the pics it is actually Tamiya Bright Orange and White. Seats are the buckets from the AMT '57 Ford kit. Stacks are from the Monogram 70 Mustang Boss. Decals are a mix from several kits. Wheels are from the AMT '56 Ford and tires are AMT parts pack as well as parts bin finds.
  3. Just finished this up. While it looks red in the pics it is actually Tamiya Bright Orange and White. Seats are the buckets from the AMT '57 Ford kit. Stacks are from the Monogram 70 Mustang Boss. Decals are a mix from several kits. Wheels are from the AMT '56 Ford and tires are AMT parts pack as well as parts bin finds.
  4. Thanks everybody for the kind words.
  5. Finished this a while back. Basically built box stock errrrr almost. The grill and taillights are custom made as are the traction bars. The paint is Testors one coat Emerald Green with Tamiya Bright White Stripes. The white letters are Goffer decals. Nice kit over all. The only problems I had were my over thinking certain things during the build. LOL Anyway, that is all. On to the pics.
  6. As many issues as I have of this kit including the newest release, I have yet to build it. LOL! Looks great in that color. Great job!
  7. These are the only ones I have. I didn't bother wiring the motor as I didn't plan on displaying it with the hood open. Still like the way it looks when built.
  8. Thanks everybody! Steve Mason Nice build! Hope to do the AMT version soon.
  9. I used Bare Metal Foil for all the chrome. The ford script on the front was foiled before paint then tapped off and buffed till it came through.
  10. This was a real fun build. I wanted to do the car like a person would have done it in the mid to late 60's. I always have had a love for street machines and when a buddy of mine clued me into a project he was doing it gave me a bit of a boost to get rolling with this one. So I grabbed a set of wheels, tires and a dash mounted tach and away I went. The whole project took 3 weeks to do and was painted using Tamiya paints. The clear however is Testors one coat. I made the flat taillights using clear plastic and shot them with Tamiya clear red. Having built this kit as a Kustom back when it was first issued, I knew what to expect along the way. Overall, I am very pleased with the results and would definitely recommend this kit to anyone looking to do a 57 ford.
  11. I used Tamiya Tape. So easy to work with and leaves a smooth line.
  12. Thanks Guys! I was going to add more shots but the space is limited and the files are big
  13. Got this finished up the other day. Loved building it. And, it was my first time actually spraying the rally stripes. I have tried decals in the past with major failures. I used Dupli-Color for the first primer coat to see and body work that was needed. after wet sanding and drying I shot it with Tamiya primer followed with Tamiya's Bright White. After sitting for a few days I masked off and shot the Tamiya Bright Orange color coat followed by Testors Wet Look Clear. I built it pretty much out of the box with the exception of the wheels. I wanted to go with a more period look. Anyway, enough babbling...
  14. I agree plus, I could never seem to get them in place without cracking or just falling apart. Even with the solvent.
  15. Started this a while back hope to finish by the end of the month. Basically it is an out of the box build other than the Crager SS wheels. I decided to go with rally stripes and surprisingly being my first time painting them, I feel pretty good as to how they came out. I used Tamiya White primer as my base then Tamiya Bright White for the first top coat once that dried for a few days I masked off the stripes and sprayed Tamiya Bright Orange for my color coat. And last but not least once that set up, I shot it with a few coats of Testors Wet Coat Clear. After the paint is gassed out a bit I will polish and chrome what I need to. I did do some chrome prior to paint and polished the spots lightly. I also decided to chrome the edges of the fender gills just to break up the area a bit (still needs work). I hope to post more as I go along. if not, I will definetly post when finished.
×
×
  • Create New...