Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

chris coller

Members
  • Posts

    543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chris coller

  1. This was a labor of love and determination. Full carbon interior and engine compartment using the Studio27 templated carbon sheet and Scale Motorsport 1/20 twill weave carbon sheets. Hobby Design Photoetch set was used in this build as well. Paint is all urethane from base to clear. Very pleased with the turnout of this build. Aoshima kits are great to build and offer very good detail. Only issue I had was the exhaust fit. Made some make shift "clamps" to cover the connection.
  2. Basically a box stock build with paint work and black washing. I cut the tires and part of the wheel tubs to lower the ride height. Anyone who's built one of these Camaros knows they sit high in the rear. Not esthetically pleasing. Valve covers were shot with gold and Alclad clear yellow for the anodized look. Four link/wheelie bars were painted Alclad polished aluminum with black wash. Rims were stripped and painted Alclad pushed aluminum as well If anyone has reference of this car I'd greatly appreciate it. Wanting to know if the tin work was raw aluminum or painted matte black. Anyhow, on to the pics
  3. Build the rollcage before paint, tape it the the chassis and test fit it. I hacked out most of the top of the cage. Found it unneccessary. Seems as though it's the wheel well/ crush panel area on the chassis
  4. 1988 Davey Allison Havoline Thunderbird. Powerslide decals a mix of Tamiya and urethane paints, custom mixed gray for the roll cage, body fits terrible on the chassis, Detail Mastwr fittings, Model Car Garage brake rotors, Pro Tech braided line and some other details
  5. Finished! Box stock with the exception of Indycals decals. Suspension parts and wheels were painted Molotow chrome through an airbrush, gold is a mix of MCW gold mixed with TS21 gold shot through an airbrush topped with 2k clear. Did some weathering in thee engine compartment using dullcote with some black mixed in shot through an airbrush. Enjoy!
  6. Whole lotta carbon fiber, Gravity LARK pink. I will be adding the Hobby Design photoetch set to this build
  7. Custom mix for the blue, speedway window and skirt added, along with some roll bar padding and overflow tube. 2k clear and Powerslide decals
  8. I've added front valance strip, speedway rails to the window and trunk, inner window bracing from Plastruct angle, driver side skirt, photoetch hood pins and fuel overflow. Paint is Vallejo flourecent yellow topped with 2k clear and Powerslide decals
  9. I'm glad. Build away. I like the Weikert pic in your profile. Anxious to smell some race fuel
  10. I'll take that under advisement. But here ya go
  11. It's not a kit. It's just a resin body I have cast for slot cars
  12. I've lowered the valance on both cars, made the speedway skirts, front, rear and speedway windows, decals are from Powerslide and JNJ, inner windshield bracing was added, along with photoetch hood pins. Tamiya gold and some urethane white topped with urethane clear
  13. Just a mock up here. Still have all the interior stuff to do. This is a mash up of Powerslide and JNJ decals. Knocked the shine off the tires. Paint is Tamiya Gold and white topped with 2k clear. Front, rear and passenger window are made from .05 Evergreen clear sheet
  14. I used Solvaset and Micro Set, sharp hobby knife and a blow dryer
×
×
  • Create New...