Chuck Most

  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Chuck Most

  • Rank
    MCM Ohana
  • Birthday 04/08/1982

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • Yahoo

Previous Fields

  • Scale I Build 1:25

Profile Information

  • Location Central Michigan Wilderness
  • Full Name ^^^^

Recent Profile Visitors

36,740 profile views

Chuck Most's Activity

  1. Chuck Most added a post in a topic Detroit 6v53   

    None that I'm aware of. Anything in 1:25 would be way too small, and the webbing patterns/etc. wouldn't even be close, though I suppose that wouldn't be as much of a concern if you were just going to sand the block smooth and add your own detail anyway. I doubt there are even any 1:20 scale V-cylinder gas engines that would be close enough in size... not that there are an awful lot of those to begin with.
    If I needed a 6v53 what I'd do would be to cut down an 8v92/8v71 about 25% lengthwise and modify the heads, valve covers, exhaust manifolds and such to suit. 
  2. Chuck Most added a post in a topic Truck Kits You've Scored Recently   

    Not a bad way to cap off the day, especially after getting burned (literally) at work... 

  3. Chuck Most added a post in a topic Truck Kits You've Scored Recently   

    Tom's mail carrier is easy to spot. He's the one wearing the titanium back brace.
  4. Chuck Most added a post in a topic White Freightliner Michigan Special   

    I think those came from the Model King Allison Thunderland kit.
  5. Chuck Most added a post in a topic Amt's white western star   

    I build one as a junker a while back- I used a stick-on "White" logo from Bossen Implement. I'd have to look at my invoice to see exactly which ones I bought- they make a few different sizes in white and black. They're printed on a clear adhesive-backed carrier, but if you trim the carrier close to the lettering it looks okay. 

    Then I did one with single headlights, just because I could.

    The kits are missing a small peak on the tops of the fenders, but it can easily be added using some D-section plastic strip. Tim Ahlborn did this on one a couple of the Stars he built. 

    Really nice kit, even if the hood-to-cab fit needs a little work (just like pretty much every other old AMT big rig kit). One of these days I'm building one as the Green Goblin from Maximum Overdrive. 
  6. Chuck Most added a post in a topic White Freightliner Michigan Special   

    Thanks  guys! 
    It's cut down about an inch from what's in the kit. I doubt this wheelbase would be possible with the kit-supplied transmission, as the driveshaft is just over a scale foot long now! 
    Flag decals are from the Peterbilt 359, and the Thunder Sand & Gravel signs are from the gravel trailer kit. The yellow stripes are from an old Microscale sheet. 
    And... here's the gravel trailer.

  7. Chuck Most added a post in a topic Motorcity's 67 Galaxy 500   

    I'd be willing to bet it's a lot less shabby than the old R&R version.
  8. Chuck Most added a topic in Under Glass: Big Rigs   

    White Freightliner Michigan Special
    This is the AMT reissue, with a shortened wheelbase, wheels and tires from an Italeri accessories set, modified cab steps, and a scratchbuilt wet tank, stacks, and air cleaner setup. I upgraded the engine to an NTC-350 using spare parts from a Road Boss. The paint and stripes need a little touch up here and there, but I'll take care of that once I finish up the gravel trailer for it. 

    • 24 replies
  9. Chuck Most added a post in a topic Barracuda....Back from the dead   

    Whenever there's a thread about an old name being brought back to use on a new car, the thread can be summed up just so...

  10. Chuck Most added a topic in Wanted!   

    Academy Hyundai Excel GLS
    Let's just say I had a bit of a mishap with the one I was doing up as a beater, and I'm really itching for a do-over. C'mon,, I'm sure one of you has one you purchased in one of those "what was I thinking" moments years ago, and now you're itching to get rid of it.  I've got plenty to trade.

    • 0 replies
  11. Chuck Most added a post in a topic Source for Ford 6-bolt round window wheels?   

    If you can find a set of 8-bolt (or what have you) wheels with similar holes, you can always cut off the existing lug nut/stud detail and add your own. That's what I did on these Scenes Unlimited dually wheels. I carefully cut the existing detail flush, then just glued them back on (minus two of course) in the appropriate pattern.
    And before you ask... no, I'm afraid these particular wheels are way too small in diameter for what you need.

  12. Chuck Most added a post in a topic Truck Kits You've Scored Recently   

    Nabbed an MPC Gravel Trailer today. The decals from it are already on the tractor which will end up towing it.

  13. Chuck Most added a post in a topic New idea for Mobieus Lonestar   

    People still use IH as short hand for International, even though the "harvester" part is long gone. Probably will forever.
  14. Chuck Most added a post in a topic AMT/Ertl Louisville Snow Plow - How much should I expect to pay?   

    I have no idea if it's on the docket for a reissue as of right now, but given how Round 2 operates I'd not be surprised at all to see it reissued within a few years if not sooner. If you don't "need" the kit you could always wait it out for a reissue and pay about forty bucks. Also going by past Round 2 reissues, it *might* even come with a better decal sheet than previous versions. Barring all of that, as has been mentioned, just dig a little deeper for something more in your price range. You could even consider a started or incomplete kit if you don't mind a little tinkering. 
  15. Chuck Most added a post in a topic Truck Kits You've Scored Recently   

    I was up to no good today....