Compare this with the earlier photo and you should see that the stance is much better and that improves the overall look of the model. The main problem now is, like any time you have to rebuild an almost complete model, you can never get it as "clean" as the first time it was built. The rough handling "removed" some parts that shouldn't have been and stuff like that just never seems to go back together as neatly as it was the first time. So this model will never see a show table, not that it would've before, of course. In conclusion, my original opinion of this kit has not changed. It's got some nice parts that will prove useful and show up on a wide variety of other projects. But as a stand alone, this kit just misses the mark. Close, Revell, but a swing and a miss just the same.
Mounting the spring behind the axle instead of on top will lower the front approximately 2 scale inches. Helps the stance a ton. The headlight stanchions/shock mounts will be stripped and painted black then mounted lower. Then the whole thing put back together.
Now that I see the stance I wish I had dropped the front end like I did with the channeled version. I may tear it apart and do that. . . maybe. The upper radiator hoses will also be a problem. And, like the channeled version I did, there's just something I can't put my finger on that doesn't look quite right. Not thrilled. There's a lot of potential in this kit but I haven't got it where it needs to be yet.
As usual for me the black isn't near as glossy as I had hoped. It's three coats, wet sanded between each coat and that's about as much time as I want to put into it so that's it. The wheels are a bigger issue. I have lots of '32 Ford style spoke wheels, all different sizes, all different colors. But the only ones that look right and come closest to fit the kit tires are one short. Yep, wouldn't it figure, I've only got three of them! I may just end up using the kit provided steel wheels and caps. This wasn't going to be 100% accurate replica anyway.