Here are the pictures and description of what I did to lower this one Smokey.
Like most model kits the ride height on this one is way too high. An easy enough fix for the front end. I cut the spindle portion off of the steering knuckle assembly and glued it back on around 4mm higher or toward the top of the knuckle. The rear end is another story. The Esprit has inboard rear disc brakes. The rear swing arms/bearing carriers are located mainly by the coil over spring assemblies. I guess a person could just cut off the molded on coilovers, shorten them and glue them back on.... but if you have to rework them anyway, why not improve the whole sub-assembly? You can also see that if you put it together out of the box, the coil overs are too long from the get go.In the mock up you can see that the rear wheels are way too far out of the wheel opening with almost a 5 mm gap between the arch and the tire... not good, and this causes some negative camber and some wicked toe out. The rear tires would be bald in 5 miles of driving and not just because this little car is so light and has a turbo... Not to mention the car would look drunk...I do like how they engineered the mounting of the rear wheels. The outer CV joint and boot are a separate part and act as a retainer to hold the wheel center shaft into the swing arm bearing carrier. It separates the half shaft into two parts but I think it's a smart and sturdy way to mount the wheel to the swing arm and still let the tire spin. I found that the red plug wire stock I have looks the right diameter or gauge for the rear springs of the coil overs and I wouldn't have to paint it. I tried a couple of different sizes of dowel until I found a diameter that looked good. I used a 3 or 4 mm stick. Next I cut the coil overs off just below the top spring perch. I drilled everything so it could be reinforced inside with wire and to allow me to adjust some angles on final assembly. If I use a slow CA I have time to tweak the angles a little before it sets up. You have to cut off more than 4mm from the length of the shock. More like 6 to 7mm, so the end result is they are just fuzz over half as long as before.Instead of using new stock for the shocks I just whittled and sanded off the molded on springs. It all fits correctly now and I have some fudge room when I put it all together. Just in case they are a fuzz too short.