Uh, 5½ hours? Really? You could have built four models in that 24 hour build off with that building speed! I know I'd have trouble in building one of these this nice in 24 days. Really nice job. Excellent paint job and nice, clean work overall as usual.
Now I decided it was time to do some bodywork while a couple of engine parts were drying. Kit's windows are molded as one piece, but since I want mine to have the windshield only, I had to cut it apart from rest of the windows. Then after a bit of fitting and careful sanding here and there I got it mocked up. It doesn't fit perfectly on place, but it is pretty good.
Another thing I didn't like was the nose clip that has no hole for the grille at all. I wanted mine to have the original Fiat grille on it, so the only choice was to saw a correct size opening for the grille.
Then I started removing mold lines, flash and other that kind of stuff from the body parts to get them in primer. Body had pretty much cleanup to do even if the body is really small, but after everything looked smooth and I had scribed the door lines a bit deeper with Trumpeter's Panel Scriber, everything was ready to go into my "Paint Booth". Note that the Belly Pan wasn't painted yet as it still needs some work.
And then I shot some Red Oxide Primer on this one. It laid down pretty nicely.
When it comes to building these '50s Fords, you're the man! Another fine example of your work. Flawless paint job and very sharp BMF work. It looks just right overall, I wouldn't believe that this nice model is really a box stock build. Fantastic work, as always.
Thanks Walter and Dann! That Wagon was a fun build even if (or just because of that) it needed a lot of work. I have some more Jo-Hans on the bench or waiting to be built... For example '64 Polara, '75 Cutlass, Pinto FC, another '71 Barracuda Pro Stock, AMC AMX and AMC Javelin Super Stocks, couple of Turbine Cars etc. Hope to have them done some day.
Very nice '58 Sedan Delivery! I got two of these bodies myself and they are pretty nice. Yours turned out very beautifully. Great paint job and that tube grille together with those hubcaps fit perfectly to the look. Great job.
Thanks Richard, Dave, Brad, John and Gene! Much appreciated! Brad has a good point and a question that I have no answer in. To be honest I was wondering about the same thing before I decided to go ahead and use that seat. Unfortunately it was the only seat I had that would fit in here so I couldn't replace it with another one. Gene, I've done that same thing with a couple of other builds that had seats with belts molded in them. It's a pretty easy way to add a bit of realism into those seat belts rather than doing the massive work with removing molded in seat belts and then later replacing them with aftermarket parts.
Here's a minor update too. I just got spark plug wires on place. That Scale Dreams' wire is a good stuff and even though it has been a long time since I put spark plug wires on a scale model this was pretty easy.
Wow, incredible work in here, but that's what we expect from you. Very nice work on this one. The chassis looks super nice and your engine detail is fantastic as always. My favorite detail is that blower belt and that Cragar logo in it. It looks just right. I can't wait to see the finished pictures.
Wow! I haven't been able to check your progress for a while but looks like you've been very busy lately! Great work with the body, it definitely looks better than it did before and those steering wheel grips are amazing. Very nice little detail that is usually left out. Great job as always...Can't wait to see what you're going to work on next.
Thanks Chris! It's great fun to work on these older kits where you have to add a bit more detail than on some newer kits that might include some of the details already in the kit. Here's a very small update for this weekend just to show you that I've made some minor progress. Seat was glued on place and I "stretched" the kit's seat belts so that they connect to the roll bar. For this I used paper that I painted with the same brown paint that I used on the seat belts.
I have built a few Jo-Hans too. I have more in progress or waiting to be built in the future. '61 Oldsmobile F85 Wagon Mild Custom. Lots of modifications were done to this one especially in the interior and engine area. Door panels and trunk area were scratchbuilt, dash and steering column were modified as well as seats and center console that were found in parts boxes, floor was modified a bit and metal axle hole from the engine block was filled and engine was detailed a bit. Front suspension required some modifying too and windows were made from sheet acetate.
'71 Plymouth Barracuda Pro Stock. This was restored from a glue bomb and it didn't require that much modifying. Only front suspension came from my parts box, headers were scratchbuilt and metal axle hole was filled from the engine block. Wheelie bars were added and some other detailing was done plus a few scratchbuilt parts here and there.
Nice work as always from you! This '66 Chevelle is a very good looking body, so it's great to see that the Lindberg kit can be built into this nice model. Excellent job on paint and BMF on it. That overspray on chassis is just about perfect and detailing is top notch as always too. Nice work, I gotta get me one of these kits now.
Excellent looking Satellite! That color is very nice, perfect shade of red and a very smooth and shiny paint job too. With those wheels and tires it looks just about right to be driven around to Cruising Nights etc. Very nice work.
Wow, very nice work as always! Combining metal and plastic on the body is definitely not easy, but this looks just right. Excellent color choice and those wheels and tires fit perfectly to this one. Great work again!