I started this Scout the other week and quickly decided there is no way I could leave the suspension in stock form. I couldn't find any good leaf springs in the parts box so I decided to try my luck at making some. I used .030 x .125 strips, cut each leaf to length and rounded the corners just a bit. I will make some spring clamps from an aluminum can and put a couple on each spring. It took a little work to get the fronts and rears to sit at the same height and measuring distance off the frame allowed me to locate the best mounting points. I already made up some perches for the axles and hangers for the frame, they just need a little cleanup and to locate the center of the wheel opening before they get mounted. The lift was built around the tires which are BFG Krawler TA's I sourced from Fireball Modelworks. I also plan on using their deep five slot wheels for a more vintage look. The rear axle will be a Dana 60 and the front a 44. I scratch built a steering box, shaft and dropped pitman arm. The current plan is to build the axle so it steers but we'll see how that goes. I made some rock sliders for the rocker panels, built a rear bumper with tow tabs, a towing receiver and a swing away spare tire mount. The front bumper will be similar but I plan on building a winch and adding a fairhead to the bumper. This week I'll try to work on a dual shock setup for the front and rear, the steering knuckles and linkage and add a dual steering stabilizer.