Ray... Thanks... I promise they weren't used Chick-Fil-a bags... haha. One time I went there and asked for a couple of new bags from them.... They probably thought I was weird... haha John... Thanks buddy... You really need to wear some depends so you can just change your messy shorts . Thanks for the kind words. Scott... Thank you my friend. Brad... Thank you and you know Chick-Fil-a sandwiches are so yummy... lol Brent... Thank you. I was trying to give it just enough weathering to make it not look brand new... lol. I have a Competitions resins 1/16 Fiat Altered body and its really nice. I need to build it one of these days...haha Danno... Thank you... Hey now that's KFC... Joe... Thank you my friend. I can totally tell the difference between the real thing and this one... haha L88 Chevelle... I wish I could of made an actual chute to pack it with but I just took Kleenex Tissue paper and folded it up and stuffed it in the chute pack. Clayton... It wasn't too bad to pack the chute with the Kleenex paper but I had mocked it up quite a few times. I was going to say just wait cause I am going to have a 2nd version of the chute pack for when the body is off of the car and sitting on the body stand. I think it should be pretty cool but before I do it I am going to get other things done on this build to make sure it makes it for the DSC. if I don't have the 2nd Version done for that show not a big deal cause I will get it done after the show. Trying to use my time wisely since I only have 2 months left. Mike... Thank you very much for the kind words Nikko... Thank you my friend for the nice words. I feel I am starting to make some good progress on things and can't wait to have more done now.
Fellas here is the update that I promised earlier.... So last night and today I have been working more on the parachute I pretty much have it completed other than a couple small details. I still need to add a "Remove before Flight" tag and I need to make the bracket that will attach to the rear end or chassis... Haven't figured out yet which location I will use. Here are a few shots of what everything looks like.... Here is my multiple attempts before the completed one that you see. As you can see I started out with my chord material and then I added heat shrink tubing. Hit it with the hair dryer and even a lighter. Then for the fire retardant material I used the inside of a Chick-Fil-A bag:
Here is an up-close shot of the material that I used for the Parachute cable which looked just like Parachord:
Here is the Parachute packed and the release chord put thru the chute and mocked up on the body:
Mike... Thank you very much. You know I had to see if I could do the switch... lol Sflm... Thank you very much for the kind words. Dave... Thank you. I will have to see if I have a sharp number 2 pencil around.. I know I have a pencil but not sure about a sharpener since I typically use a .5mm Mechanical pencil all the time... Tim... Thank you so much. I have so much respect for you and what you are doing on your Awesome Henry J build. That thing is gorgeous. Bob... Thank you sir. Brent... Thank you. I bet that 23T Altered is looking great. you post pics of it. What body were you using for it? Ray... Thank you.... I am hoping that I will be able to amaze people at the DSC by just having it completed by then. The clock is ticking and and I am trying to hurry to get it done.
So I should have an update for you all later today. I have been working on the parachute some more the past few days and got some great progress on it last night just a couple more details to call it done. Also earlier this week I was able to finish up some of the design work and got an order submitted to Shapeways to have some more parts printed up. I decided to have it printed in the Frosted Extreme Material, so I am super excited and can not wait to see how they turn out in that material since I have never printed anything with it yet. I know its the same as the Frosted Ultra material but the resolution is much finer. so we shall see.
Tim... I am truly blown away and Amazed at ever update on this build. I know how much work is going into this and its paying off. I know that these had to be pain and I can relate with some of the items I have done on the funny car. But I can't believe the detail you are doing in 1/25th scale, Its freaking amazing. I will be honest... I think you would love a 1/16th scale build. I think you have done a Kick Butt job on these from struts. it turned out amazing. I can't wait to see what you work on next... well after you finish the other strut
Tim... As others have mentioned already I use Westley's Bleche Wite and then after I do that for a bit I then wash the parts with Dawn with a little scrub down. I will tell you hands down that Mark Johnson has the best resin engines in the business. You can see Marks 426 Hemi that I am using in my 1/16h Army Vega F/C build. I would sure love to see this Dual engine dragster you are going to be doing. It sounds like it will be a killer build. For posting pictures I would recommend either Photobucket or Fotki to upload your pics to and post them from there. I am looking forward to seeing some progress pics of your dual engine FED as I love 1/16th scale builds. George... They are talking about 1/16th scale Resin engines from Mark Johnson. As of right now I am unaware if he has a website. If you get a hold of Mark, he will be more than willing to send you pics of his engines and parts that he makes. If you want I can PM you his email addy.