[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

    • Dave Ambrose

      General Usage   05/10/2017

      If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

miatamadman

Members
  • Content count

    201
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About miatamadman

  • Rank
    MCM Friend

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://public.fotki.com/zh/

Profile Information

  • Location
    Bowie, Md

Recent Profile Visitors

6,138 profile views
  1. My therapy project

    9volt battery is in the trunk. 3 power switches and 3 tap switches are underneath.
  2. My therapy project

    Close up of the LPR's Close up of the takedowns
  3. My therapy project

    As some of you might be aware, the last 6 months has been very hard on me dealing with a separation/divorce and lawyers. This project was my therapy to keep my mind away from the negative thoughts. This just proves I'm getting back into the swing of things. I hope you guys enjoy this. A few tid bits on this project. A few of the parts are Art's excelent resin cast items, but with a bit of my touches added to them. I went hog wild with the LPR's....you'll see in the pics. I also used Art's Video camera, center console, front license plate holder and GPS puck. The mirror strobes are hand made. I actually made resin copies of the mirrors, hollowed them out, inserted NANO chips and topped it off with a clear lense. Super cool! Rear deck lights are resin copies of the center brake light. Baseball cap on the rear deck is a resin casting I made from a Police Figurine I had satanding around : . I modified the front seats by removing the headrests, filled in the hollow parts, added 2 posts to each headrest and reinserted them onto the seat backs. Something else I added were the takedown lights. Each takedown is made using 2 square LED's glued together and wrapped with electrical tape. Wiring was replaced with magnet wire. Decals are all printed with my inkjet. Total number of LED lights used is a whopping 47. interior shots Check out the clothes rod and hanger in the vest
  4. 1/18 scale Hyattsville, MD K9 unit

    it started off as a Motormax CHP crown vic. Stripped and repainted with duplicolor products. The light blue is Krylon Bonnet Blue.
  5. With all the ###### that has been going on in my life, I finally finished this 1/18 scale Hyattsville K9 replica. Model has 26 LED's including the the lightbar. Windows were tinted with Tamiya smoke. I added ABC's LPR's, windshield mounted video camera and front license plate bracket. Art makes some great resin parts! Gotta make the video now. Model also has a 4 tone siren plus a barking german shepard sound board and radio chatter.
  6. 2006 Dodge Charger BPD Police Cruiser

    that's no model!... That is a perfect anbd flawless build. Great job!
  7. I built this using the newly released 2011 blank white Motormax Charger. The dark blue is Rustoleum Navy blue which is an exact match to the 1:1 car. I added my own decals and printed K9 kennel. The fog lights are MV lenses. Everything else you see is straight Motormax with just some detail painting.
  8. after seeing this, I think I'm throwing my legos out. HOw on earth did you come up with that. Fantastic model and great creativity!!!!!
  9. You know I couldnt leave this one alone ;D! After stripping it down to bare metal and drilling a few holes for the antennas and spotlight, I repainted the body using Duplicolor Generic Gloss White after priming the body with etching primer and filler primer. Interior was sprayed with duplicolor HotRod primer. What you see here is a pretty simple repaint with all of the body trim being correctly painted. Only additions to the MM model are the spotlight, mirror undermount strobes and antennas. Decals are my own custom creations. It's amazing how a little detail painting can turn a "toy" into a great looking model.
  10. Just put the finishing touches on this replica before shipping it out! I removed the front door moldings, relocated the spotlight from the windshield to the A-pillar, scratchbuilt the front pushbar and made the decals. Body was repainted with Duplicolor Generic White. By the way, it's a perfect match to the factory Motormax paint color.
  11. Show us your Dodge cop cars!

    Here's a few of mine
  12. Decal Paper

    I have trieds all the brands and the best paper by far is Supercal Decal paper. I use Papilio's flexible decal sealant to seal the ink. The paper in the Testors kit comes from decal paper.com which also goes by several other names as well. All junk in my opinion. When sealing the ink, DO NOT USE Krylon. Your decals will be usuless within a few days. The Krylon will crack which will result in the ink bleeding. Trust me on this one.
  13. A "little" something I've been working on

    shot some nice white paint over the weekend. One step closer to the eye candy stage.
  14. Here is my on and off again project. It's now full steam ahead with the goal of having it complted for NNL East!