Thanks Nick, for colour I was thinking of something creamy and smoooooth.
I got some more done this weekend. I decided to go with the stock grill but I modified it a bit, got the frenched headlights started and changed the peak on the hood.
Rescribed the door lines and started doing the body work.
Mounted the '59 Caddy taillights and recessed the license plate.
This ones not quite done, I still have to finish the hatches and some other details. It's a Tamiya kit with aftermarket individual link tracks and a figure set. It's weathered with washes and ground pastel powders.
Awesome Shermans G! I hear ya about the shiny stuff. Did it for over 20 years, competed for a while and found myself just building for the trophies. It didn't take long to get tired of that so I started building armour. I built when I was young but it got too expensive. I just started back into cars again after about a 6 year lapse. Now I have to learn all over again. But I figure that's 1/2 the fun.
I got some skirts made for mine, couldn't find any I liked so I whittled them out of some sheet plastic. I debated on fender extensions for this build then I saw the new '48 Ford coupe had them in the box. When I got a closer look though I didn't like them at all. I didn't think they should blend flush with the rear fenders so I pulled the Evergreen plastic out again and made my own.
Curtis - The figures were awesome. They were clean and the details were sharp, all I did was a base coat, a couple of washes and some details.
Wayne - Working with sillyputty is great. Rip off a piece, roll it on your table till it looks like spaghetti, and lay it on the model. If you want, use a spoon or something and squash it into whatever shape you want. It comes off easy, leaves no residue and if you use acrylic paint it's reusable. Here's another I used it on. Did the brown first, masked it, did the green, then when I masked it I squashed the first masking putty over on the edges and sprayed the yellow. Probably not realistic but interesting.
Got a bit more done on mine. I had to rebuild the bumper aprons, they were cut off and filled but I think that was going to make it's butt look too big. The bumpers will help the car look a little longer and lower. I also cut a little slit in the hood sides to help blend the body contour on the doors.
Didn't get much done on mine, got the rear wheelwells in. Thought I'd mock up the suspension to see what this bad boy's gonna look like. I tacked the Hemi from the kit together just to see but I think I'm still doing the flatty.
I think I'm going to look for different wheels, these ones are a bit too wide.