It's been 7 years since I posted in this build thread. I didn't realize it was that long. I put this one down and haven't done any work on it until recently.
Finally here's an update.
I finished the body. All the emblems were removed, the fender flares are finished, the lower front pan is in and I scratch built the Alpha Romeo door handles that were on the Daytona. I removed the open scoop on the lower pan and put a slight raised piece in it's place. The front fender flares now wrap around the underside. I forgot to take before pictures of the lower pan.
The headlight openings are all boxed in. I have a set of square headlights I got from a member here(MsDano85gt) back in 2013 that are from a Mustang kit I'll put inside after it's painted.
I modified the dashboard, scratch built pedals and door panels. I doesn't show too well in the pictures but I scribed more horizontal lines in the seats and then put 1mm half round pieces, upside down, into the lines. These will have black decals applied to represent the stripes on the tan seats.
I shortened the tonneau cover 5mm to match the width of the now shortened body. I also cut the tonneau cover behind the seats to see in the back. The interior of the Daytona on the show looked like this.
I have a Momo steering wheel a member here(LokisTyro) sent back in 2013. I don't know what kit it's from. I made levers for the steering column with straight pins. I think they look a bit better than the molded in plastic ones.
Under the hood of the McBurnie Daytonas there's flat box like pieces added to the tops of the inner wheel wells. Using reference pictures I added these in.
The last picture shows the front bumpers and grill. The grill is now shortened.
It's been a while since I worked on this and posted any updates. My first post explains the work I did to the body and interior to get it to fit right. I'll be working on the exhaust system and will post an update in a few days.
Thanks for looking in!