As usual, progress on my Fairmont build has gone by fits and starts. The positive thing is, I do have some progress to report. I received some very cool front and rear brake hats/hubs back in June that will find their way onto this build. This pic shows the bare front hub beside an assembled hat/rotor/stud assembly. I developed a set of retrofit slotted rotors that I've decided I'm going to use on this build instead of the drilled set.
A little bit higher angle of the rear assembly. The rears were machined to accept my photo etch brake rotors and have the equivalent of a 5” bolt circle. The front hubs have a slightly smaller bolt circle and stud hole diameter and should work really nicely for a set of spindle mount wheels
What the rear looks like with the rear brakes mocked up on the axles:
In addition to the hub detail, I finally got around to working on the trans tunnel and pan. I was a bit concerned about removing the tunnel integral with the pan because I wasn’t sure how much flex it would introduce into the pan, but it seems manageable.
I build some stepped receivers into the floor pan under which the flanges on the tunnel fit. They add some finish and a bit of rigidity to the floor. The PE tunnel is actually a two-piece unit. Since the new system doesn't appear to let me preview how things look, I hope everything is more or less in order. Thoughts and comments welcome.