Slowly picking away at these. Found a stance I'm happy with on the 5-Window, now I just need to make it feasible, somehow.
Got another coat of primer on the Sedan.
Hopefully just one more round of sanding before I can get this painted.
Turns out, I only had to trim a little of the fronts of the door panels to get the interior to fit.
Floor is going through a serious butcher job to make room for the Buick Transmission.
I could smooth out the interior door line and rescribe, but for the size of the window openings, and my lack of caring, I'm not gonna bother for now.
To be honest, I haven't even thought about what needs to be done with the interior.
I'm not really good with planning anything. Right now, I want to get the bodies prepped and painted, so that I'm motivated to get the the rest of it finished. \
Work has been crazy, and I haven't been able to sit down and crank on this stuff. But, I've managed to fit some minor steps in. Starting to feel like I'm in over my head on these things. Especially in terms of setting up the suspension.
Here's where I'm at.
First stage of sanding after a light primer coat.
Decided to block out where I needed to sand and smooth the whole area with Testors Contour Putty. I still don't know if I saved or wasted time.
It feels like there is progress though.
I saw this beast in Speedhunters' coverage of the Grand National Roadster Show, and decided to change up my plans for the stance of the 5-window.
My first attempt at Z'ing a frame. Lesson learned here is to have the proper plastic for this, and use 1 piece instead of 4. Off to the hobby shop.
This was the plan before. And the grill surround is way to tall.
New goal and the fitted surround/shell. Still need to pull up the front for a more aggressive rake though.
I decided to chop up the fasteners instead of sawing the whole thing (plus grill insert)in half. Not sure if this is an accurate mod, but it feels right.
Where the sedan sits at the moment. Haven't touched to frame yet.
Hopefully more time will open up in the coming weeks.