The Report function of the forum works well. If you see someone acting up, acting out, or just being an okole, use the Report function. It works! I have it set up so it not only sends me an email, but that email is then marked with a flag, and get's put to the top of my email list. I will try to access/look at the report/topic as soon as possible, but remember, I'm on a six hour time delay, and other mods not only have a life, but a real job as well. k den
Me too and its not even mine. :-D Great to see all of this come together. All of your little sub-assemblies that you have completed are now being put to use and your attention to the minute details is showing.
Thanks guys. I appreciate you following along and commenting. I had an 'ah-ha' moment this morning while looking at this mock-up and decided to go with the early hemi from the Miss Deal kit. Much better detail and fits better than the Bantam Blast block.
Spend a bunch of time at the bench today making the spindles for the functioning steering. Using the kit plastic axle, I made the spindles from brass channel, brass tubing and stainless steel tubing all soldered together. The ss tubing is for the steering arms from RB Motion along with their rod ends. These are so strong so this is how I'll do these for all of my builds in the future. I need to order some 0.5mm threaded hex nuts and bolts to finish this off properly. I've been told a place bought the remaining stock from Scale Hardware so I need to get an order together. Here's a picture of the axle with a black piece of wire holding the stuff together for now. Had to put together a mock up shot too.
Thanks for following along with this build Tom and Richard. As far as the inspirational coupe above goes, it is a fair weather ride. He's a big guy and said he need the top open because the top of his head sticks out. He had on an aviator's leather helmet and goggles. LOL Quite a site. No glass except for windshield. I thought the open vent was kind of funny too but if you're riding around in our summer time, you'd want all the airflow you can get. He also said he just got this 3 weeks ago and the only things he had done to it were the temporary vinyl top and the pin striping. I had a bit of bench time yesterday and was able to get to work on the engine by painted the blower, the four port injector and the resin pulleys which took a bit of clean up and 'turning' with my Dremel to get them in shape. Also spent a bunch of time on the 12 spoke front rims. They needed alot of clean-up before getting them painted. Also cut the roof open. I plan on making aluminum aviator seats and non-covered door panels where you can see the inside. You can also see how I made the bars to the rear axle through the open roof. Here's a few progress shots.