The Report function of the forum works well. If you see someone acting up, acting out, or just being an okole, use the Report function. It works! I have it set up so it not only sends me an email, but that email is then marked with a flag, and get's put to the top of my email list. I will try to access/look at the report/topic as soon as possible, but remember, I'm on a six hour time delay, and other mods not only have a life, but a real job as well. k den
Now that I know the interior, undercarrige and engine fit, I've started on the paint job. After something different, a month ago or so I was looking through some of the builds here on mcm for insperation and I found I paint job that I really liked. I can't remember the builders name but I'm pretty sure it was a '53 Chevy. He marbled the roof and dashboard using smoke, from burning sprue in a candle. Then he used clear orange overtop. I thought it looked amazing and wasn't that hard to do. So I gave it a go. But instead of going for a bright clear colour which makes the effect really stand out, I tried to blend it all together using different shades of grey, more of a suttle look.
Base colour is light gun metal with a silver fade, along the bottom of each sides, nose and rear.
Didn't really like the nose fade so I taped off the body and hit the roof and fenderds with silver.
With the base colour down and body taped, I burnt some sprue in a candle and held the body in the black smoke.
The soot from the smoke lightly sticks to the body and leaves a marble effect. I only wanted this on the roof and front fenders.
A light clear coat to seal it in.
At this stage, if I was to have sprayed clear red or blue overtop the marble, it would've really popped. But I'm after more of a dark horse and I went with Tamiya clear smoke overtop the whole body, blending it all together.
Once it dries, I'll give it a layer of clear pearl for some dazzle and then a few good clear coats. I want this thing to look like liquid.
Thanks for looking, all comments welcome!
You're right Lunajammer, the one piece floor makes it hard to customize the body. It's because the rear fenders don't line up. The only way I could see around that was to cut the floor out and glue the fenders to the body before painting.
I've made a 3 link suspension to replace the rear leaf springs.
Thanks guys! Glad you like it so far.
Hey Tim thanks man, good to see you over here too.
Small update, Just completed my first RHD dash convertion. Well almost finished, still need to figure out a steering wheel and clean it up a bit but I'm very happy with how it turned out.
The interior is almost finished, need arm reats and window/door handles.
-I first made cardboard temples using the cardboard from Evergreen packaging, then traced the shape on to 0.5mm styrene.
-Used 1.0mm half rod for the rolled pannel and 0.5mm rod for some trim.
-The chrome strip along the back is styrene covered in bmf and the decal is from Revell's '41 Chevy Pickup kit.
- Painted flat black and black flocking.
Now working on channeling the floor. I added 4mm blocks to lift the body.