Here are two pictures of the before and two pictures of the after of a 61 Bonneville convertible that I rebuilt. I traded a new sealed kit for this car cause I really wanted to fix it. This was in Scale Auto Contest issue a few years back. I really enjoyed working on this car. Dan
Well, thanks a lot for letting me know. I can now go with the "what if" build using the convertible top (modified) again for this next rebuild. Looks like I'm gonna have 5 different 59's on my shelf. A convertible, coupe, what if hardtop, what if 2dr sedan and Jim Reeds NASCAR that he won the Darlington 500 in. Have a nice day sir. Dan
Bummer about the glass. I think the rear glass wouldn't be that hard to make but the windshield is another thing. I was wondering if the windshield from the coup or convertible could be tweaked in some way to fit. I'm curious now. LOL. I think you're right about AAM making the resin car.
Thanks Bill for the kind comments. Also, thanks for the link to the auction. I checked it out and I'm kinda interested. Do you know if it is based on the hardtop or the convertible? I couldn't make out the trunk outline in the picture. I have started on another glue bomb that is another convertible and Ive worked the top a little bit and I'm not sure if I like how it would turn out. That is, turning it into a 2dr sedan with a kinda strange roof design. LOL. I also have started on the 60 hardtop that I got the roof from your 59. I got the roof section glued on and filled in the vent on the rear of the top. I really thank you for that roof because my 60 didn't have a top and I was going to try and make it a convertible which would have turned out kinda bad. LOL. Dan
Panera's stopped reserving the room and we had to find another place to meet. We are still looking for a permanent place, but for now Donato's at Easton will have to do I guess. I hope to see ya at the meetings.
She's finally finished. The last two pieces that needed to be installed was the pieces for the hood. I had to make resin copies and spray Alclad on them and they're installed. I'm happy how this rebuild turned out. Not perfect, but good enough to set on the shelf. LOL.
All that's left to do is install the chrome pieces under the hood and she'll be done. I'm waiting for them to dry and I'll most likely install them tomorrow sometime. I really enjoyed rebuilding this car and what if Chevy did build one this way. Thanks fer lookin. Dan
A small up date on the 59 Impala. I got the bumpers painted with Alclad chrome, finished the interior and got the chassis done. There is a lot of BMF to do yet and finishing the engine, then putting everything back together. I just mocked this up to see how she will look when finished. I also used Bill Geary's idea on the chassis to get the body to set down over and not showing from the side. There is a touch showing but that's going to have to be it. I'm not looking forward to the BMF cause there is a lot of it on this car. I do like how it's looking so far though. More to come later. Thanks fer lookin. Dan